• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bald patches

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
The mother and 3 babies i got on Wednesday seen to have noticable bald patches on there head or back neck, is there a cause of this. I'll be taking all 4 down for a check up this week to check there health but wondering if it's something i should be worried about. I try gt some pics might helpabit.

It could be mites ..... I thought my Fudge had them as he had a bald patch on his back took him to the vets & they told me me it was a reaction to the injection he had the week before..

No i checked them over and no flakey white skin but mam and Casper seem to have more baldness oon them. If i look over i can see his skin on his head, ears and abit on his neck, poppy also has a little bald patch on her neck and mam aswell. Cleo doesn't seem to have any but the babies fur is abit ruff and tatty not smooth and silky. I'm going to mention it to the vets this wek just to be on the safe side.

Would treatment for mites be expensive if it is indeed mites and what about my hamsters and gerbils that are in the same room. :?

Rudy has had mites recently and hes had strongguard from the vets. The whole experience cost me £25 but that does include the vet appointment as well & vet prices do vary. Im not sure if you can buy the stuff straight from the petshop or not.

Moonshine had a bald patch behind her ears last year and even though the vet couldn't see any visable evidence of mites he prescribed treatment.

I can't remember what it was called now, but it came in a tiny pipette type thing and we had to put on once a month for 3 months.

None of the other buns needed treatment.

Nicola

Back