• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

LENIN ...MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE LET HIM GO

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
.....but i couldnt...... :cry:

had a call from the vet this afternoon.

it is deffinatly an abcess . his tear ducts wouldnt flush . the flushing fluid went behind his eye and made it bulge :cry:

vet drained it cleaned as best she could then rang me .

She wanted to know if she had to bring him around or let him go . :cry:

i couldnt do it . i said to bring him around . i felt he needed a last chance ...but now ....im not so sure . i didnt want to put another bun through all this like Star if there was little chance of recovery .

the vet says the prognosis is poor :cry: :cry: :cry:

should i have let him go .

we are to carry on with injections . plus now treat for e cunniculi ...just incase ..as the whole thing is so strange :?

cant flush the wound because there is a hole somewhere leading to leakage behind the eye :cry:

have i done the right thing
angie

angie you have done the right thing if you feel in your heart that lenin has a chance

dont beat yourself up about it please

thinking of you both

sarah & gail :)

I would really struggle to have a bun PTS, so if you are not 100% sure you have done the right thing

angie you have done the right thing if you feel in your heart that lenin has a chance

but thats just it ...i dont think he has much of a chance at all. :cry: :cry:

You know Lenin and between you and your Vet you are the ONLY ones who can decide. NO-ONE has the right to tell you what you should or should not have done. If you truely believed Lenin did not want to fight on you would have let him go.

Has your Vet sent a swab off for MC+S? Do you remember Elve's Maa and her abscess in her eye socket. That required METRONIDAZOLE as an antibiotic (specific bacteria identified from swab)

I hope Lenin will start eating when he gets home. You will do EVERYTHING to help him get better, of that I am CERTAIN

Janex

bunnymadhouse said:

but thats just it ...i dont think he has much of a chance at all. :cry: :cry:

My long term foster bunn Bob had a facial abcess and the vet told me he reccomended PTS as there would only be heartbreak as he would never fully recover, I didnt want to do that as I felt it wasnt his time yet so went to another vet and he had two months more with Esmerelda before he eventually died.

I KNOW that decision was the right one as in those two months it was obvious he was very happy and enjoying life. He was a lovely litte chap :(

Definitely, definitely the right choice. If there's even a tiny bit of uncertainty - you can't do it. :(

I had to make a decision when my Molly was very ill..
The vet told me her chances were very slim & asked should we let her go.
I couldn't let her go I asked him to try anything he could to save her, she didn't survive & I ask myself now should I of let him put her to sleep in the first place .
Her chances were slim but there was that tiny chance that she could of pulled through...
Lenin is very lucky having someone like you to look after him..
I hope he recovers from this..

You made the best decision for Lenin, because you know him best and if your instinct says give him the chance then thats what you have to follow. We really really hope he pulls through this horrible time xx (((HUGS)))

I did the same and wish I didn't but there is always that chance and you need to remember you are doing it as there is a chance!

if you did let him go - youd be thinking ''what if'' - just make his time really comfortable,

my thoughts are with you

if theres a remote chance you have to take it..youd never forgive yourself.you never do whatever the outcome but its better to know you tired every single avenue you could and if its too much then its time for you and lenin to part ways :(
but you will know when hes had enough..

look at bif..diagnosed with suspected cancer of the cervix..told to give her painkillers tillt he end..she sees another vet prognosis completely different and tonight shes showing wonderful improvements..

all i can do is second everyone else here.

I really dont know what to say except i really hope theres good news . and if its not then you ave the support of eeryone here..
its not fair it seems to come along in threes doesnt it..and bunnies are the frailest patients too.
((HUGS))

Only you know in your heart what he can cope with.

Do you remember what you said to me when I phoned you in tears about Grace? I know its easier said than done.

I feel guilty every day for letting Grace go, but I know she couldn't cope with the pain anymore.

If you think Lenin can fight this then let him fight.

Sending my best wishes for you and Lenin,

Nicola

I can`t really say anything different to what has already been said Angie.
But just wanted to let you know i`m thinking of you & know you`ll be giving Lenin the best of care.

Please let us know how he`s doing.
Su.x

Back