• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just the bloodworks to wait for now..fingers crossed

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Well Bif had her dental and xrays etc yesterday..and i picked her n bertie up in the afternoon.
Petra showed me her xrays and it loks good..and the mass/cancerous lump...cannot be felt when awake or under GA>.so Petra thinks its something to do with her gut thats stress related and at the mo its cleared up..just the bloods to be sent back to give her the all clear..whoo hooo

Petra says shes overweight and i cant understand how..we think shes craftily eating berties supper overnight..but hes been putting weight on too so its a msytery!

im not going to give that food that arrived even tho they loved it..too many things for her to scoff that wont helpher weight!

she was such a different buny when i got her back tohow shes come back from other vets..she was more bright more alert and easier to walk..shes had the same r ecovery time as usual too!
Petra filed down her spurs on the left hand side and said there were the start fo a few teeny ones on right hand side so she did those too!
last night bif didnt even need rabbit recovery! petra advised the protexin carrot paste cos of the fibra than the bio lapis i usually give post op. bif need her morning dose now ned to get nikki up to help me!
last night bif ate some Bunny basics pellets again..always does postdental wont touch em any tother time! she ate some spring greens and dried herb mix..theherbal garden one from ross rabbits shop.she adores it..shes pooed too bigger than yesterday already!!

so if the bloodworks come back clear no cancer? her poo tests were all clear too!

im so happy..wheeeee

So howcome i was told she didnt have long and to give her 5 drops of metacam a night before..grrrr

the vet then its great with cats n dogs but again no bunny vet..wow it really does make a difference doesnt it!

thank you..im so pleased for her..and bertie..hes so in love with her bless her..till she chases him in a tizz!

she does look a bit brighter this evening and just efore i hit the woodenstairs she was trying to come out of the run..tomorrow hunny when youre a lot more recovered.!

Petras a very good vet with bunnies indeed..keep fingers crossed her blodwork will come back clear too..roll on tuesday!

then thursday gott take zuzu our female kitty to the other vets to have her stitches removed..the vet had to see her today cos shes pulled them.faints...and yes shes wearing a satellite dish..just i remove it so she can have breakfast..not anymore!!

Bif is confused she can smell zuzu but what is that thing! :lol:

Back