• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long for eyes to open in newborn bunnys

gareth

New Kit
hi all,

ok the story so far,
8 lop eared rabbits have been running around for over a year in a field behind my friends house(she has been feeding them).shes asked the people who own them that they should be in the warm and cared for.well its fallen on death ears.with the weather being as bad it has i decided to take one who was suffering quite bad.I know its a she as 2 weeks ago she give birth to 7 babys,sadley 1 died,but the other are fine,im worried that none have yet opened thier eyes,looking through the net,they should open thier eyes within 10 days?its now 2 weeks,is this somthing not to be worried about?
plz dont think of me being bad cause ive stole some1s rabbit,2 of them have died this weekend due to them being out in really bad weather,rspca dont want to know,so i took it upon myself to look after one of them.

Personally I wouldn't worry yet, as long as she is feeding them and they are wriggling and being kept warm they should develop in their own time. I'm no expert when it comes to babies but I know the litter I ended up with didn't open their eyes til they were just gone 2weeks of age. Well done for rescuing her!

Back