• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sooo angry!!

We are studying animal rights in RS and today my teacher was showing the class a power point presentation on animal testing. Well of course once she started explaining how rabbits were used everyone started cracking up with 'only a rabbit' comments and 'well they can't speak so they musn't mind!" :shock: :x :x :x Then she showed a anti- meat poster with a dog on it and some particular loud mouthed boy in my lesson decides to pipe up with 'well we wouldn't eat a dog would we, they're not like rabbits or whatever'. Grrrrrrrr!!! Why or why don't people understand that rabbits have feelings and thoughts just like cats and dogs!! :x :x
Sorry just had to rant, :oops: some people just make me so mad! :roll:

I know how you feel. I get comments about rabbit stew from work collegues. It really upsets me. I do sometimes have a go at people, but their really not worth it.

Its a sad fact that you cant change some peoples attitude.

Nicola

You just have to feel sorry for people who dont appreciate Rabbits for the wonderful beings that they are. Those people miss out on a unique and precious experience.....getting to know and understand Rabbits. Its their loss!!

Janex

Ohh Jess - Its SO horrid having to listen to things like that :x Makes me feel physically sick!!! Why are animals less worthy of happy life than humans?! :x :cry: :x :cry: X X

I had a bloke walk past the house the other day & my little lad said our lovely little rabbit Molly died & he said did you have rabbit stew!!!!
Wouldn't mind but this bloke has 2 dogs thats he treats like his kids & we chat to him all the time.. I haven't seen him yet but he'll be having a piece of my mind when I do see him :evil: :evil: god help him I've got a bit of PMT at the moment so he'll have a right mouth full !!!!!!! :evil: :twisted:

we did a presentation on animal testing for The Thouight Of The Day and even the popular people felt sorry for the bunnies

Thanks you guys, at least we know what special animals they really are. :D Just makes me mad to hear people say stuff like that about them! :x

bunny_burrows said:
Thanks you guys, at least we know what special animals they really are. :D Just makes me mad to hear people say stuff like that about them! :x

Perhaps you could turn it into something productive? Maybe talk to your teacher if you could do a presentation in assembly about rabbits in rescue centres and encourage people to volunteer in a local animal shelter? In English once we were asked to do a presentation on something we liked or a cause that meant something to us - we had presentations as diverse as someone's favourite band, formula 1 racing, and a prominent dancer. One of the presentations was about a local dog rescue centre, and three of us volunteered (me included) to help with dog walking and feeding etc. I thought the class might be hostile to the more unusual topics, but each of them were appreciated as much as the last. Could be worth doing!

AMETHYST

Thanks Amethyst, well next lesson we have to do presentations on different things and my group is doing vegetarianism so maybe I can get the word out there. :D

Back