• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dudley and Smudge U/D pics!! Any tips??

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
This is Dudley. one of the Birmingham buns:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=7155

We picked him up on Tuesday. He is the softest bun I've ever met!! He's so laid back. Every available opportunity he lays down and gets comfy :lol: :lol:

We have started the bonding process. It's going OK. Smudge likes him, but he's terrified of her!! Honestly, he freezes when she comes near him. She's nipped and tugged his fur a bit, and he jumps about 6ft in the air!! Or he sees her coming and jumps right over her before she gets to him :lol:

Things did calm down a bit and Smudge started to groom him, but then she was nudging him as if to say 'come on I'm showing you what you should be doing to me!' :lol: :lol:

Their back in their cages side by side for now.

Some pics from earlier:

07-02-07_1111.jpg

Daddy save me from the girlie!!
07-02-07_1110.jpg

Nicola

Well, we took the plunge and put them in their bedroom, and left them to it. Been checking on them fairly regularly and there's not much change yet. Dudley sits in the corner, Smudge occasionly comes over to him and grooms him then chases him!

I'll post pics tomorrow,

Nicola

Pics from last night: Dudley has just been sitting in the litter tray trying to keep away from her. She keeps coming up to him and grooming him, then she nudges him and instead of grooming her he runs away and she chases him.

'where's he gone?'
Picture003.jpg

'I'm sure I saw him around here somewhere'
Picture008.jpg

'here you are, ok you chicken I'll just sit here'
Picture009.jpg

Any tips on getting these 2 bonded??

they have been in the bedroom together for 2 day now. Dudley isnt as scared of Smudge as he was but he's very wary of her. She is still occasionally grooming him then nudging and chasing him.

But most of the time they are sat or layed at opposite ends of the room.

Help!!!!???

Nicola

Leave them to it it's still early days and as there is no agression being shown, I'd leave them to fall in love slowly instead of rushing them and upsetting things.

HI NICOLA,

ID JUST LEAVE THEM TO IT I THINK .

YOU COULD TRY MAKING THE AREA THEY HAVE A BIT SMALLER TOMORROW. THEN A BIT MORE THE DAY AFTER . THATS WHAT WE DO SOMETIMES .

SHOULD WORK AS THERES NO AGGRESION .

HES JUST A GREAT BIG WUSSY PLAYING HARD TO GET . :lol: :lol:

I agree, if there is no aggression, leave them to their own devices, they will get there in the end. That is how Biscuit & Twix bonded with no help or intervention from me.

Back