• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

EYE INFECTION , ULCER,SWELLING !!!!! BAD NEWS FRI

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
LENIN HAS HAD AN EYE INFECTION FOR A WHILE WHICH WAS SO BAD IT CAUSED AN ULCER . THIS INFECTION STARTED LITERALY OVERNIGHT . IT WAS VERY BAD AT FIRST AND DIDNT RESPOND TO TREATMENT UNTILL HE WENT ONTO INJECTIONS . I NOTICED HIS FACE DIDNT LOOK RIGHT THE OTHER DAY BUT THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE MAY BEING PARANOID (WE HAVE LOST A FEW RESCUES LATELY :cry: )TONIGHT ...ALTHOUGH HIS EYES ARE ALMOST CLEAR OF PUS HE LOOKS TO HAVE A SWELLING TO THE SIDE OF THE BRIDGE OF HIS NOSE . I CANT FEEL ANY OBVIOUS LUMP BUT THAT SIDE DOES FEEL DIFFERENT.

JUST WONDERED IF ANY ONE ELSE HAD KNOWN ANYTHING SIMILAR .

HES OFF BACK TO THE VET TOMORROW :cry:

ANGIE

Oh dear I hope he has not got an abscess in his nasolacrimal duct or sinuses :(
Poor Lenin he is having such a difficult time :cry:
I hope he gets on OK at the Vets tomorrow

Janex

HMMM I WAS HOPING NOBODY WOULD MENTION THE "A" WORD :( :(

MUST SAY ITS BEEN IN MY THOUGHTS FOR ABOUT A WEEK ...BEFORE THE SWELLING ...HE HAD PUSS COMING DOWN HIS NOSE ...BUT THAT HAS STOPPED .

DONT KNOW IF I CAN COPE WITH ANOTHER BUN WITH AN ABSSESS AFTER POOR STAR ...AND THEN TOMMY :cry: :cry: :cry:

OH GOD :cry:

bunnymadhouse said:
HMMM I WAS HOPING NOBODY WOULD MENTION THE "A" WORD :( :(

MUST SAY ITS BEEN IN MY THOUGHTS FOR ABOUT A WEEK ...BEFORE THE SWELLING ...HE HAD PUSS COMING DOWN HIS NOSE ...BUT THAT HAS STOPPED .

DONT KNOW IF I CAN COPE WITH ANOTHER BUN WITH AN ABSSESS AFTER POOR STAR ...AND THEN TOMMY :cry: :cry: :cry:

OH GOD :cry:

Awwwww Angie I am sorry, I didn't mean to upset you :cry:
I REALLY hope the 'A Word' wont be the problem.

Janex

Not looking too good for poor Lenin .

this morning the lump was much worse :cry:
he is also breathing funny :?

have been to the vets and it is an abcess ....god i hate those things :evil: :cry:

He has gone in for investigations with a view to perhaps draining and / or a drainage tube being fitted to allow for flushing .

I cant believe we are going through this again :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: poor Lenin .
And i was in a rush this morning when Tracey picked him up to take him to vets . i just put him in the carrier without a ctddle :( :( now what if he doesnt come back :shock: :cry: :cry:

Angie :cry:

I`m so sorry it`s turned out to be the dreaded `A` word. :cry:
Poor Lenin & poor you having to go through this again.
I have everything crossed that Lenin`s abcess can be treated successfully.

Su.x

aaawwww Angie dont be hard on yourself :love: he knows you love him and we're all sending vibes, ((((HUGS)))) and nose rubs hoping all goes well for him at the vets xxx

Let us know how he gets on poor little thing x

Poor lenin, one of mine lost an eye last week due to an abscess behind it, she is slowly on the mend now so they can come through it. Lots of hugs, vibes and nose rubs to you both x Jess

Back