• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding question (sorry)

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I dont know if I should leave Trip and Scarlett overnight :?

There still hasnt been any humping or any real fighting. They havent groomed each other either. When they go past each other they go face to face but dont fight, and a few times Scarlett has gone up to Trip but she runs away before he has a chance to do anything :?

They have been together since about 9 this morning and were cuddling in the car. Then in the run they were just playing with their new toys and not paying much attention to each other. Then I let them go up into the hutch about 3 hours ago and they have just been sitting there. Trip is laying on the vetbed and Scarlett is sitting in the litter tray.

I wouldnt seperate them now but I have no experience with this so I dont know if they should be left alone together or not. The hutch and everything in it is completely neutral. If I brought them back into the house I would have to put them back into the bath and they just kept jumping out earlier.

Does it sound ok to leave them outside and keep checking on them through the night?

Please do leave your buns together tonight. the fact that they are not fighting is very good news, the fact that they are ignoring each other is certainly NOT bad news, it is actually a reasonable sign and is better than them actually fighting.

Leave them and give them space, you may find mutual grooming may take a few days, it is quite normal and acceptable that they are not all loved up yet. Those who do groom and snuggle at an early stage are the lucky ones :wink:

Please do leave your buns together tonight. the fact that they are not fighting is very good news, the fact that they are ignoring each other is certainly NOT bad news, it is actually a reasonable sign and is better than them actually fighting.

Leave them and give them space, you may find mutual grooming may take a few days, it is quite normal and acceptable that they are not all loved up yet. Those who do groom and snuggle at an early stage are the lucky ones

Thanks, I didnt really want to disturb them by bringing them back in again :D

I just wanted to check because he was grooming Buu within hours so I thought something might be wrong. I will check on them overnight though.

Assuming they are used to being out in the cold??

Yes they are used to it :D

Back