• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fudges swelling has gone down a little I think

karen354

Warren Veteran
Took Fudge to the vets on Monday with swelling after his operation..
I think the swelling has gone down a little, hes been hopping & jumping in the snow all afternoon & I think hes caught himself a little as I saw a little blood :( ... He might of done it trying to get away from hubby :(
He's eating,weeing,pooing fine..
He's still got another 2 anitbiotics to take tomorrow & Saturday, do you think the swelling should of gone right down by now ?
He back in the vets on Monday & they may have to lance it .

Hmmmm, well if it has bled I wonder if he should be checked over again before next week :?
Can you see where the blood has come from?
I would phone the Vet today to get their advice.

Is he on any anti-inflammatory meds? I am wondering if he may be having an inflammatory reaction to the sutures aswell as infection?

Janex

Just phoned the vets now & had a chat with them...
They seem to think that the swollen sac has burst a little, she said sometimes better out than in..
She asked me did he seem okay in himself & was he eating & pooing, ..She told me to bath the area with salt water which I have done...

He does seem fine in himself & doesn't seem to be in any pain at all.. Hes not been out of his shed as much today but was a little scared of the snow at first bless him.... The one sac looks great it's just the other one :(
She said I don't need to see them until Monday..

give him hay to eat but in a rack- and take all sawdust and straw away- fill his cage with towels.

the vets told me they bedding causes irritation of wounds and to not let him have any bedding for a week after his op

blogger.jpg

Back