• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy and Moonshine are having domestic problems U/D ok now

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
The last few days, Moonshine has been chasing Flopsy around the dining room constantly. She will not leave her alone and they won't lay together anymore. Flopsy really looks upset by this, and consequently is camped out behind the armchair, and has been all night. I thought she might come out for food and water, but the second she steps foot out into the open, Moonshine is on at her, chasing her. So I gave in and brought the food to her, until Moonshine discovered it and started munching on it.

Why has this happened? Has anyone else ever had this happen, how did you resolve it?

Nicola

Have they been neutered, and what age are they? Maybe they're becoming sexually mature!?

Otherwise, have either of them been at the vets or something? This can sometimes break the bond if the other smells different.

I'm not too up on the bonding thing but I'm sure someone who knows their stuff will be along soon.

Gemma

Yeah they are were both spayed at 6 months. Moonshine is 1 year old Flopsy is 10months now. They have been together since they were babies. Neither have been to the vets or been split for any period of time recently. Nothing new has happened just before this started.

Nicola

I think you will find lots of buns do this. Once minute happy then fighting :roll: . One of my pairs do it all the time, not sure what and probably never will!!.

Tracey x

That could be it. Bournville suddenly became the dominant bun in my duo when he realised there was a new bun on the block.

It had started at the weekend. Dudley came Tuesday and he's in the front room. Moonshine has always been bossy but this is really bad. Flopsy is terrified of her. Ive managed to get Flopsy back in the dog crate alone for now, just so I can make sure that she's eating drinking and pooing.

Nicola

They seem to have sorted out their differences, and are cuddling up as normal now. Bunnies are very peculiar sometimes :lol:

Nicola

Dudley's ok bless him. We took the plunge and left them in their room overnight. I think he's glued himself to the litter tray :lol: Smudge keeps approaching him and cleaning his eyes, he lets her but then she'll pause ( I think she's waiting for him to grrom her, but he won't) then she nudges him and he runs away and she chases him. He's eating hay and veggies and a couple of pellets.

I'll keep you posted of any changes,

Nicola

Back