• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buns are not liking the snow

karen354

Warren Veteran
Furby is in her little house & will not move & Fudge is in his shed inside his fleece house & will not come out :(
I got up early to check on them & give them an early feed as its so cold & they were both fine.
Have got quite worried though because none of them are very active at all today :( I'm sure its just the snow thats upsetting them.. I can't blame them really they are in the best place & keeping warm.

Aww poor things! I'm at work but I bet you when I get home, Gasket will be sitting stoicly in his run. He doesn't seem too bothered by the weather. I expect Tappet will have better sense and will be snuggled up in the hutch though! :roll:

Awwww its not nice when bunnies dont like snow, and you tell them not to be worried, but they still dont listen.
one of mine starte ancing round in it this morning then rolling in it and then decide it taste the nice, the other woulnt come out until I told him He could climb into my top and I woul take him straight in.

jack was very scared of mine but i picked her up adn dumped her in the middle of a nice pile and she LOVED in then!

I put Joey on his lead and lowered him onto the patio. We've barely had enough snow to cover the patio! But when I went to lower him on it, he kicked and thrashed!

Then I tried again, and he just hopped off to go under his run where it hadn't snowed! :?

Neither of mine left the hutch all day-poor things i wwas starting to get worried about them because they are normally so active.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither of mine left the hutch all day-poor things i wwas starting to get worried about them because they are normally so active.

I was the same as you i thought there was something seriously wrong..
Fudge was okay this afternoon he came out to play & dig :D

Had a mixed response from my lot, Effie and Jess have seen it all before so just got on with it, Jacob seemed happy enough, Flopsy came out found it too cold and went back in, the others just peered out of the door and went back to eating hay, but the Beatles - they went absolutely beserk, flying around all over the place!!! :lol: - I would have taken some photos but they were too blooming fast - not sure if they loved it or were trying to run fast enough that they didn't actually have to touch it! :D

It took Donut a while to come out of the shed, I could see his head peeping from behind the door but that was it. But once he braved putting a paw on the snow, he loved it. He didn't want to go back into his hutch, but he had to so I could Bailey his runaround. Bailey takes everything in his stride and didn't seem phased by the snow at all. As he is quite large and obscure, he looks really great in the snow - like he was made for it. Bless.

I personally think they are barmy and should be tucked up in their warm hutches in the shed, but they hop and bound around without a care in the world. A truly wonderful sight.

Holly went out on her harness today and she loved it she was digging and everything, Holly is the type of rabbit that i don't think would be happy indoors so it's back to the drawing board with a shed

Back