• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dreadful Treasure update ..MORE pics added

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you may have read about Flick finding a stray near her workplace. Although full it counted as an emergency so i went to pick it up tonight..
OMG :cry: :cry: not for the fisrt time this year I cried while sorting this bunny out. Flick had said you couldn't tell what sex it was....and this is why
Treasuredirt.jpg

I have NEVER seen such bad matting..lumps of filth and fur were hanging off up to 10 inches long...these are some i cut off..
Treasuretags.jpg

The bottom area is so matted i have only cut off the worst tonight so bunny is a bit more comfortable.
Also the rabbit is very thin and has probably been out on it's own for a while..evidently flick said a cat was chasing it today :(
back end after big matts cut off
Treasurebum.jpg

and finally the poor bunny..who I can now see is a girl..the people at the home where Flick works named her Treasure and she certainly is.
Treasure.jpg

She is now in a clean cage with food and hay..please send all the vibes you can for her.

Words fail me sometimes to describe the things we see..... :cry: :cry:

That poor little thing! people may think that ignorance is bliss but it is cruel and completely avoidable if people would just take the time to learn about their fluffy friends! I hope she finds a forever home very quicky, lots of vibes your way little Treasure!

OMG Jill :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The poor little Bunny. She must feel so much better already now that you have cleaned her up.

Janex

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww she really is a treasure!!! well done both of your for saving her... that bottom! :shock: .. hope she soon looks healthier and enjoys being in a fab home

How awful :( She looks like such a pretty thing though :D Thank goodness she will be somewhere warm tonight, I hate to think of those that are stray or neglected suffering in these freezing temperatures :( Whatever the future holds for Treasure, she will at least be kept in comfort by someone who cares about her.

Jack's-Jane said:

The poor little Bunny. She must feel so much better already now that you have cleaned her up.

Janex

she is named Treasure as the people in the care home where she was found wanted the bunny to have that name! :D
the pics don't show up how badly matted the rest of her rear is..solid clumps ...a job for tomorrow

OMG! :shock: :cry: :cry:
That poor bunny. :cry: She`s so pretty but looks so sad & looking at the state of her i`m not surprised.
I`m so glad she`s with you now Jill, where she`ll be cared for & get whatever treatment she needs.

Sending buckets loads of positive vibes her way.
Su.x

honeybunny said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

she is named Treasure as the people in the care home where she was found wanted the bunny to have that name! :D
the pics don't show up how badly matted the rest of her rear is..solid clumps ...a job for tomorrow

Sorry, I didn't read the bit about her name as I was too horrified by the piccie :cry:
Is the care home for the elderly? If so wouldn't it be nice for the residents to see Treasure again when she is fit and well (if Treasure is of a calm enough temperament). She really is a lovely Bunny :D

Janex

Glad she is safe at home with you now Jill I hadn't posted anything as I thought I would wait for you to.

Was waiting online, just popped for a shower and there are already so many lovely messages!

I took a few pictures whilst I had her, but you can't really see the matting, but I'll put them on in a bit.

I'm sure the residents at the sheltered housing scheme would love to see her when she is better, they didn't really want to see her go, but they had no where she could go and she obviously needed some cleaning up etc.

She seemed a lovely temperament from the time I spent with her and she was very popular for the short time at the scheme. The residents are hoping to collect together some donations over the next few days too.

Back