• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed in the hutch?

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Ok I have got Trip and Scarletts new hutch pretty much all set up now :D

Just wondering how many of you line your hutches with vetbed? I was thinking about going and getting a large piece tomorrow and using it in the new hutch instead of bedding but wanted to make sure first that they wouldnt just eat it or dig it up! Also does it keep them warmer? And how often does it need changing/washing? They are both quite good with their litter trays but Scarlett will occasionaly wee out of her tray.

They will still have their litter tray in the closed off part with lots of hay to snuggle up in and they will have a run underneath with boxes of hay and straw.

Scarlett has a smallish piece of vetbed in the top part of her hutch now but spends most of her time in the bottom part so its hard for me to tell what it will be like if most of the hutch was covered.

Back