• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help me explain this!

help me explain to my mate why she is best getting her bunny spayed for the health benefits? i meantioned the increase risk of cancer and she wanted to know percentages and also said... women have the risk of breast cancer but we dont go chopping them off!

thank you so much jane! shes making me well angry! told her she should have looked into all of this before getting a rabbit - she said she did but yet she didnt know about the cancer and she hasnt been able to tell me about flystrike either and how to help prevent!grrrrrr

It also sometimes helps with hormonal behaviours like territorial behaviours :wink: Also means she could get her a friend too :wink:

Many women who have lost close female relatives to breast cancer are now choosing to have mastectomies whilst completely healthy as a preventative measure too. I would say 80% justifies the spaying enough! I wasn't intending on having my rabbit spayed when i first got her, but being told that figure by the vet certainly made my mind up quickly (along with the other info gleaned on RU) :D

i've also had to explain all this to my sisters Bf who is completly clueless to everything it needs, including that it needs hay to eat :shock: They want to of the babies i hvae but i'mplanning on telling them they can only hhave it after i have inspected there area theere living, they plan on taking the 2, castration etc. I'm looking at all different care sheets and stuff to print out everything they need or is dangerous etc maybe you could try that.

Back