• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just finished making sure the buns will be warm enough

karen354

Warren Veteran
Well I've sorted the buns out for tonights very cold weather...
My husband brought some large sheets of carboard home so we've tacked them all around the hutch & run.. I've made a little carboard box for her bedroom area & packed it to the roof with hay/straw..
I'll cover it with a large blanket aswell & she'll have her vetbed & heatpad..
Fudge isn't to bad with him being in the poppy house, I've packed his sleepy area with lots of hay/straw & hes also got vetbed & heatpad..

I've left them out in their runs but I'll close them up for the night about 8.30pm.. I've given them a little extra food aswell tonight much to Furbys delight oh she likes her food ...
Nights like this make me think about all those poor buns out there with no one to love them or make sure they are warm and safe :cry: :cry:

I'm going to have to make sure Buttons is warm and toasty aswell, going to put alot more straw in the bedding area. Mam and babies are ok in the house and Buttons is shielded from most of the wind and rain where his hutch is so hopefully he'll be ok tonight.

I explained in my other post in general chat, I can't be bothered to type it again, my hands are too numb :lol:

Blurgh, me too. Put 8 out of 11 in the garage and wrapped the other 3 up. Need to redo my weather proofing as Guiness was out the other day and ripped in all up :cry: Poo bunny. He's got a new girlfriend and is going to his new mummy tomorrow :D

Think we have all been busy!! I have done all the weather proffing, just feeds and litter tray changing and snugglesafes to do about 9pm. Just been out in the garden with the doglet, blooming freezing and grass is all crunchy!

Parsnip should have one very snug hutch now... started by putting a large box (snug fit) into his bed area sideways on so the open top is in line with the door hole so top bottom and side are enclosed then stuffed with hay and made a snug opening then put in a baby fleece to sit on, then in the area left over and behind the box I laid big bubble wrap then stuffed any extra space with straw (he cant reach the bubble wrap dont worry!) then closed the door.... then took a trip to P@H for a Hutch snuggle and bottle snuggle arm and a leg later and hes all snug :lol:

My lot can hardly move in their bed areas for the snugglesafe, and hay! :lol: :lol: Ive got the rescues in the garage, the rest are in the conservatory with the heating off and the windows open..Im frozen..but the buns are fine :roll:

Back