• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit runs

now we've moved im looking at getting some runs for the garden so all of the bunsters can go out at the same time without brawling!

i originally wanted one of those dog kennel/run combos or 6x10' runs but doubt ill have enough space or funds for 3 of these so 6x6 should be ok as they will only be used on nice evenings and i intend to rotate it so one of the bunnies always has the free run of the bottom of the garden

any recommendations? they dont need to be made fox-proof or anything as we dont have foxes near us and we always sit out with them anyway.

could do with them being cheap as my bunny funds are depleting fast!

Have you thought about making one? There are excellent instructions on bunnyhuggers website....I made a run 6ft x 4ft for about £25 and it would be even cheaper if you already had some of the tools etc.

Im certainly not a DIYer but it was actually quite easy!

mandy said:
Have you thought about making one? There are excellent instructions on bunnyhuggers website....I made a run 6ft x 4ft for about £25 and it would be even cheaper if you already had some of the tools etc.

David's been attempting to make it for about 6 months now, it's still in pieces, I've painted it all with preserve but you must be better at it than you say as we're finding it really hard!! Also the opening is at the end and I need a top opening and we're not skilled enough to alter it.

good idea about making my own - my dad probably has all the tools i'd need and i might be able to get him to help me as he doesnt trust me with DIY :lol:

i think ill have a lot into it :)

kayjay said:
mandy said:

David's been attempting to make it for about 6 months now, it's still in pieces, I've painted it all with preserve but you must be better at it than you say as we're finding it really hard!! Also the opening is at the end and I need a top opening and we're not skilled enough to alter it.

I think I meant easy compared to how hard I actually thought it would be! :lol:
Oo-er I dont think i'd be able to work out how to make it top opening :?

My boyfriend kept laughing when I was doing it as he was convinced Id botch it, but he was impressed in the end :lol:

i got the kind b & Q guy to chop all the wood to the right lengths for me....then drilled two holes in each bit of wood, s crewed it all together (that was the worst bit as some of them just wouldnt go in), painted it green, then used u shaped nails to put the mesh on.

All together it took me about 2 full days Id say.

Sarah the instructions I used are here:
http://www.bunnyhugger.co.uk/

Back