• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Okay for the run 2 b open overnight ?

karen354

Warren Veteran
Just starting having a panic attack again!! I leave Furbys run open for her to use over night do you think this is safe enough to do ?
I have put bricks around the base of the run, I doubt I'd get foxes in my garden but you just dont know do you ?
Would you close her up on a night ? Hopefully this hutch/run will only be for another 10 days or so just until I have bonded her with her boyfriend :wink:

Hi karen,
If the run is on grass then personally i would close it off at night, just to be on the safe side. :D

Su.x

Hi karen,
If the run is on grass then personally i would close it off at night, just to be on the safe side.

Su.x

I've closed her up for the night :D ... It's freezing out there I've covered over her hutch aswell :D

My two have access to the run at night, it's on concrete and has clear perspex on the top. Obviously the hutch is attached too. Have only done this from last night, but will do it now, until I get the playhouse, but even then they'll still have access to it 24/7. The hutch seemed untouched last night so they must have been sat out in the cold all night!! They're sat out in it now, snuggled together!

I used to shut her hutch overnight as I thought it kept it warmer. F&B had 24 hr access to their run but they were able to snuggle together for extra warmth anyway. She'll be nice and snuggly tucked in for the night!. Forgot to ask earlier..did you ask Jeremy if the bonding timescale was Ok for Furby, or do you want me to ring them tomorrow to check?

I used to shut her hutch overnight as I thought it kept it warmer. F&B had 24 hr access to their run but they were able to snuggle together for extra warmth anyway. She'll be nice and snuggly tucked in for the night!. Forgot to ask earlier..did you ask Jeremy if the bonding timescale was Ok for Furby, or do you want me to ring them tomorrow to check?

I'm back to the vets again with Fudge on Monday so I can ask then..
I think it'll be coming up to a month for Furbys spay by the time we bond..
I hope they dont charge for seeing me Monday because it'll be his post op appointment which I should be having Wednesady but has now changed to the Monday .. Maybe its was wishful thinking but I didn't think they were going to charge me for yesterday, I thought because the infection was from him being neauted it would be included in the price :(

my run is perm,enantly attached, to clos ethe door would mean taking the run off, re attaching teh door to the hutch, etc.

domino seems to liek sitting in it at night, however it is straight bneneath my bedroom window, with teh run on the patio (tahts so tehy dont have any brioght ideas of diggin jholes and escapin in teh day ;-))

my garden has high fences alla round, so i'm hoping tehy shoudl be ok in it.

I put Buttons bak in the other hutch over night for safe keeping until i can put the hutch combo on pavement slabs.

haffyj said:
becks said:
my garden has high fences alla round, so i'm hoping tehy shoudl be ok in it.

Be careful Foxes can still climb fences regardless of how high :wink:

thanks, teh hutch is secure with lots of added bolts on it also and even a couple of padlocks, same wth teh hutch (one for animals, and two incase a human was to spot my bunnies.....ok i know i'm paranoid lol)

the hutch itself is covered witha hutch hugger (one of those newton ones) to also keep noses out.

Back