• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday care

minilops

Alpha Buck
Hi! What does everyone do about holiday care for their buns? We used to transport my two around to my Mum's (hutches and all), but with three it's getting more difficult. My Mum could come round to feed and clean them, but I worry about leaving them on their own. (My Mum is really good with them and looks after them very well). Do you think they would be OK if she came round to them this year? :)

Mine go back to the rescue where I adopted them from, because I know that they are loved as much there as they are in my own house :D

My parents / family like the buns, but they are not bunny savvy so I wouldn't be comfortable leaving them there for any length of time :wink:

Whereabouts do you stay - it's better to get recommendations for boarding, or go and visit so you can make up your own mind :D

we always leave a member of the family, aunt uncle or soemone looking after ours, theres so many. we have 9 guineas, a rabbit 2 dogs, fish, a cat, and 5 horses, not easy to get someone to do it, but we take turns, when my aunts or uncle goes on holiday, we look after their pets, they only have a few less than us!!

Depends on where you are in the country, but there are some very good boarding places now which cater especially for smaller furries. Mine are going to stay at my local rescue when we go away for 2 weeks at easter. I would rather pay her to look after them than someone else, but she had to book them in in jan to ensure she will have room for them!!! If I go away for a week one of my friends does it for me, i have great mates! x Jess

mine go to hoppy holidays - they get to stay outdoors for a week (they are house bunnies) which they seem to really enjoy and they get a break too

its a bit mad trying to transport the 5 of them there in the car but its worth knowing that someone who is great with bunnies is going to look after them

however, it means we cant go away in the winter as i cant find anywhere that can take them all indoors - so when we go to amsterdam this month my mum will be coming round twice a day to look after them. we are only off for 3 days and that is the most i would leave them without overnight care.

the piggies go to my mums - she has a lovely warm house and they get even fatter and lazier when she's been looking after them :lol:

I usually leave my boyfriend at home :lol:

No but really, my brother stays at my house as I have too many pets and he would contact me on my mobile if there were any probs (I only holiday in the UK) He has been brought up with allsorts so I can trust him to know when any of them may look poorly. He has back up with my parents and my dog goes to stay at my friends who is a vet. Im very lucky to have lots of people I can rely on though.

i never thought they'd get booked up so quick in advance...after sams to-do in the car when we collected domino, we have decided that we wont be taking teh buns tos tay at my friends with the otehr animals (as she is a good three hours drive away), so are now looking for a bunny hotel for a week in june, and again sep.

dont suppose anyone knows of any good ones within an hour of lincoln???

nov i'm holidaying with my cousin fro a week, so wil leave the boyfriend hoem alone with the "mob2 as id o of a weekend if i go visit teh family in manchester.

I'm a bit worried about what I'm going to do with my buns when I go away in March. My brother and his gf have said they'll come and bunny/cat sit, but I don't think they know how much work it will be to clean them out and feed them everyday. There is a place nearby which has bunny boarding, but a friend of mine used them (admittedly about 15 years ago) and their bunny died there and instead of just telling him, they tried to get him to take another bunny! His kids were like "er, that's not our rabbit". :shock:

Last summer we only had the 1 house bunny so it was quite easy. My dad came into him every morning,afternoon & night :lol:
When we went away for 10 days my mum stayed here for me..
This year we have 2 outdoor bunnies :D we ill have a problem this year though because my mums very ill & won't manage cleaning out the poppy shed :( .. We are going away in May for 3 nights my dad will come & let them out in the morning & feed them but he won't clean out there litter tray :( I could ask my sister but I don't trust anyone with my buns :( I don't want to go away I'll worry about the buns :cry:

My two go to one of two local holiday boarders. They are great! And only £5-7 a night for the two.
I feel safe that they are being looked after properly and I know they would catch the first sign of illness.

Back