• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for rescues please

Ali - Loki

Young Bun
I have just bought Thistle Hall from P@H for my bunny Loki (male) and am trying to persuade my o/h that we should get a friend for Loki once he has been neutered. My o/t loves him (he calls him "The Boy"!), but Loki is currently destroying our flat and will probably have to move outside in the spring to save our furniture. I want to get a female bun from a rescue but I just wanted some advice on adoption guidelines and whether any rescues here would adopt a bun to someone with Thistle Hall for two buns? Would we need to get an attached run? The intention would be for the buns to have free range of the flat while we can supervise them, but be in the hutch in the day while we are at work. I also wondered if there were any other rescues in Bristol as I keep trying Noah's Arc and can't get anyone to answer my call.

Sorry for the long post

Different rescues have different requirements so it's best to contact your local rescues, although I don't know if you are aware but you can adopt outside your area, eg honeybunnies from Leics on here rehomes across the country and volunteers do home checks for her.

Most minimum requirements include a 5ft hutch with attached run, so I would say definitely get a run attached to your hutch. If you look on the housing thread there are lots of pics for ideas. It's nicer for the buns anyway to have a run to go into

Good luck, I hope you find your bun a friend :D

My mum has Thistle Hall for her 2 bunnies, Bertie and Paris are small to meduim size though.

As long as the buns have access to an outside area it shouldn't be a problem
:D

Thistle hall is not the best hutch to get if you don't have it already, it costs more than several better options, but if you already have it an attached run would make it acceptable for two small rabbits. We would not accept it without an attached run that is on slabs for safety, at least 6ft long and 2ft tall.

Back