• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lavendar Lodge

minilops

Alpha Buck
Hi! Does anyone have a Lavendar Lodge hutch? I'm after a 6 foot hutch and this one looks good to me. Can anyone recommend it? I think it's about £100 at PAH. Is it a good, strong hutch? :)

I have a Lavender Lodge for Jen and Harley. It's not a bad hutch at all - the wire used for the doors is the strong, solid type and the whole thing is good and sturdy. The roof hinges open which is very useful for cleaning and for moving bunnies in and out without having to wrestle with them through a tiny door! (distressing for all involved! :lol: ) It's nice and high too (about 2.5 - 3ft), so a smallish rabbit like Jen can stand on her back legs and her ears don't touch the top of the hutch. It isn't tall enough for larger up eared buns.

I did have some trouble with the bottom of the doors pushing out, so you would need to add an extra bolt at the bottom of each door to prevent very determined bunnies making a break for it! :D

PS. It comes flat packed - you'll need a big car to get it home!

Have to admit i`ve got 3! :oops:
For pet shop hutches they`re quite good, pretty solid but i`ve changed the bolts on them as the ones they come with are pretty flimsy. I`ve also had to get hubby to plane the doors down as they were all sticking.
Also they`re 5ft not 6ft.

Sorry not sure if that`s a recommendation or not. :?

Su.x

We have one (was donated for the price of a pint!) but again we have had problems with the bolts. I have also added a padlock which i do with all my hutches.

The hutch itself is very well built and has a great big bed area which you can stuff full of bedding making it nice and warm for winter. The buns that live init love it :D

cannonwoman said:
Have to admit i`ve got 3! :oops:
For pet shop hutches they`re quite good, pretty solid but i`ve changed the bolts on them as the ones they come with are pretty flimsy. I`ve also had to get hubby to plane the doors down as they were all sticking.
Also they`re 5ft not 6ft.

Sorry not sure if that`s a recommendation or not. :?

Su.x

Oops, yep, Su is right - just checked the P@H website and the Lavender Lodge is 5.5ft, not 6ft :thumb:

Hi

I have the Lavender Lodge for my 2 it its really good for the money, £99.99.

The only problem I have had as said in above replies is the bolts, but we have changed these this weekend. I've had mine for 10 months now.

My mum has the 2 story one from P@H which is good for smaller buns.

I recommend either.

(PS We have and estate care so the flat pack was not a problem. :wink: )
x

Glad to hear recommendations for PAH hutches. After a lot of looking, I bought Thistle Hall for my 2 lionheads, Lavender Lodge was 2nd fave :) I like the fact you can get those space blanket things and covers for them too.

We bought Thistle Hall for our Parsnip hes a Lionhead, we first brought home Sage House but luckilly we read the box before opening and it said suitable for piggies and netherlands so as he's neither we swopped it for Thistle.... can any one tell me which hutch hugger/snuggle fits Thistle Hall ?? :?:

Back