• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking you have lost a rabbit - why do they scare us??!

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
I was convinced that I had lost Harley this morning :roll:

I went out with the veggies and rolled up the hutch cover. Jen came dashing out of the bedroom compartment and started digging on the door for her breakfast (yep, that's something she's picked up from Harley :lol: ). No sign of Harley. I gently tapped on the door of both compartments... no Harley. By this time I felt pretty sick to the stomach and that was worsened when I tried to peep in the bed and could just see one stationary paw :cry:

I stood back and started to undo the hutch cover so that I could open the roof and remove what I assumed was my dead bunny. In the seconds it took me to step back, I heard a snuffling, then a straw covered Harley came flying out of the bed and start digging furiously at the door along with Jen. Argh! Why do they scare us like that???

He was absolutely fine... I even checked him over to make sure he was definitely OK and nothing. Pah :roll: He scoffed his veggies like he always does and went back to running about the run.

I can only assume the daft bun overslept and then panicked when he thought he was missing out on his breakfast :roll:

Naughty, naughty Harley! :no:

:no: Naughty Harley for scaring mum. Our rabbbits do tend to make us worrying alot :lol:

Ah erm... :oops: :oops: probably should have warned you about that......hes done it to me a few times and scared the living daylights out of me :lol:

Unfortunate problem with older buns.....you always expect the worse when the dozy old codgers just cant be bothered to get up :lol: :lol:

LOL, I know what you mean - he's been in that dozy state a few times and scared me, but this was the first time he's not bothered to even get out of bed! :lol: :lol:

I think it's because I put the snuggle safe in their bed last night for them... he was obviously all snuggled up and warm and slept through the door rattle alarm clock :roll:

When i saw the title I thought you had literallly lost him ie he had wondered off and then i thought well he cant have got very far :lol:

I was in stitches when I read the story though!!! Naughty Harley bun! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back