• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hazel's not well - Can you send vibes please?

Fairy13

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya, This morning Hazel didnt want his pellets and hadn't seemed to have moved or eaten any more hay since i went to bed last night. He was out hopping around happily all yesterday eve, but I can hear his belly gurgling this morning too. He just sits or lies down then gets up and sits again, like colic in a horse he looks like kinda. I've offered fresh hay, water in a bowl, a carrot etc and he won't touch any of it. I think the right thing is to get him to the vet asap so I'll phone them soon as I've done this! Any advice welcomed, but otherwise please just think of him today and keep your fingers crossed. He's my first ever bun and I'm so so worried. Thanks, Faye x x

Sending get well vibes to Hazel
It sounds like he has tummy ache so you are right to get him to the Vet ASAP
Please let us know how he gets on

Janex

UPDATE

Hi, thanks for the vibes! He's home with us after spending the day at the vets, he had a syringe feed and gut stimulant there this morning and responded really well to that and is eating drinking and pooping again :D I am poop obsessed! :lol: He's got some bio-lapis for in his water too for the next 3 days, so fingers crossed that's an end to it! BTW I can't praise highly enough my vet, Nine Lives Veterinary Centre, They are just marvellous! Thanks again for your good thoughts :D Faye x x

Re: UPDATE

Fairy13 said:
Hi, thanks for the vibes! He's home with us after spending the day at the vets, he had a syringe feed and gut stimulant there this morning and responded really well to that and is eating drinking and pooping again :D I am poop obsessed! :lol: He's got some bio-lapis for in his water too for the next 3 days, so fingers crossed that's an end to it! BTW I can't praise highly enough my vet, Nine Lives Veterinary Centre, They are just marvellous! Thanks again for your good thoughts :D Faye x x

Well done you for getting Hazel prompt treatment :thumb:
I am so pleased that he is now feeling better and he will no doubt be demanding food all evening to make up for lost time :roll: :lol:

Janex

Back