• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Friend for Benny?

AliBenMummy

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide whether to get a friend for Benny or not and would appreciate your advice / comments.

Benny lives indoors with us at the moment and we are due to move house at the beginning of March. We originally got him to be a husbun to Alice, who has now passed away. They never successfully bonded because Alice was a little fiesty madam and would attack him at every opportunity. However, sometimes Benny got to give her a few kisses!

In terms of company, Benny gets an awful lot and is totally chilled out and happy. Thing is, I feel that he should have company of his own kind to groom and cuddle up to. But, I don't want to end up in the cycle of getting buns to replace the partner they lose.

I would be looking for an unbonded, neutered female aged 3 years ish. I have enough room to house two buns but I would probably move them outside once summer comes and they would then be there permenantly.

I'm just in the thinking through stages at the moment as Alice's passing is still very raw. As we are moving, I wouldn't be looking to get Benny a partner until the end of March, but I need to make a decision about what I should do.

Any advice is much appreciated, and if anyone knows of any lady buns looking for a handsome 3 year old chap to live with please let me know.

Many thanks!

we have lots of lady buns in need of homes..and i'm sure all rescues do!
I do think rabbits are better in pairs so when you've got your move sorted and outside accomodation arranged get in touch with any of the rescues on here and I'm sure he'll have a freind in no time :D

Thanks for your advice.

I think I've pretty much made my mind up to get Benny a friend. My plan would be to keep them inside until the weather gets warmer, then perhaps move them outside. I think I'd miss Benny being around all the time though, so maybe not!! :oops:

Back