• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dreadful neglect

hunnybun

Mama Doe
Got these rabbit in on Saturday :cry: :cry:

DSC02221.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02216.jpg

Here is poor Lucy drinking the water I had just washed her bottom in !! she is very malnourished and dehydrated! :cry: she drank a whole bowl of water after this photo was taken
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/hunnymybunny/Bunny%20pics/DSC02206.jpg
DSC02207.jpg

DSC02204.jpg

DSC02203.jpg

I have called them Lucy, Dylan and Newman :D on their road to recovery now.

Update.......It never rains....!!! just got a call about 4 young rabbits found in a box!! they are all frozen and hungry, should be on their way to me later today!! Now How do I hide them from my husband!? :lol:

How awful that anyone lets their buns get into that state :evil:

Thankfully they've found rescue and love with you, good luck with them

kayjay said:
How awful that anyone lets their buns get into that state :evil:

Thankfully they've found rescue and love with you, good luck with them
Thanks, I cried when I first realised what a state they were in, they saw the vet on Saturday night and again on Sunday morning, now they need lots of TLC and good food. So sad that these things happen, I have been told another rabbit from the, same house a lovely big French lop died recently and had lost a huge amount of weight, it had fly strike!! My God how long must have that animal been ill??!!! before it died :cry: I am flaming

Oh those poor buns :cry: :cry: .... Why are people so :censored: cruel!!!!! Thank god for people like you, at least these buns will be nursed back to health...

mandy said:
:evil: Poor things, whats their story?

Not much of a story, got a call to see that they needed to be rehomed, I was told nothing about their condition, no food, no donation never even got told their names! when I called the owner and told him that they needed to see a vet and could he pay toward the cost he told me to just put them to sleep as he wasn't going to spend any money on them!! I told him that I do not put animals to sleep if they can be saved, it is just severe neglect !!!!he asked me what was wrong with them!! and that he was an animal lover!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr

Oh Kareen good job you have them now :D
I know you will get them better and find them a loving home.
Sending vibes and snuggles to the new buns. :D

nicole said:
Oh Kareen good job you have them now :D
I know you will get them better and find them a loving home.
Sending vibes and snuggles to the new buns. :D

Thanks Nicole :D I now have 26 rabbits in the rescue plus my own 8!! I am bursting at the seams :lol:

OMG poor little bunnies :cry: :cry: :cry: what a state for them to be in,

They will soon be fit and healthy with all your TLC Jill :love:

OMG.........those poor bunnies :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank goodness they are now safe with you, well done

OMG those poor little things :cry: :cry: I just couldn't do what all you fabulous people who rescue do - I'd end up in prison for murdering the neglectful :censored: owners!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Thank goodness you've got them and they will be well taken care of now :D

Well done Kareen, poor wee mites. Hope you get ok hiding them from the hubby!.

I'm so glad they have found you

Fiona x

I am glad for these buns that they have found a safe haven where they can be loved and well cared for until they are well enough to find their new forever home.

May the phones starting ringing soon with lovely people offering wonderful homes to these poorly buns.

Back