• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple tree sticks ? Willow ? WHAT CAN I USE & HOW ?

kerry1971

Warren Scout
I have apples trees and willow growing in the field - can i just cut it off the tree and hand it to the cavies or dry it first? We live in the forest so we have tons of pine cones too - i know they have to be dried - can i do this on the wood burner - i think this would be perfect ...? I would be able to make my own willow balls i suppose - do i make these from green willow or dried ?

We also have access to the following - apple tree - pear tree - oak rees- willow - hazelnut bushes - blackberry bushes - strawberrys- pine trees and cones - redcurrent bushes - walnuts and the branches and probaly lots i have forgotten - i would like to take advantage of what i can for free :) Any advice accepted :)

THANKS X

I'd just cut off what you want to use, make sure you clean the branches in soapy water and then let it dry. Let us know is the are a hit :D

Mine have free willow from my mum but they get abit bored with it. I am now going to try and make some balls with it. Its my understanding that this can be fresh or dried.

Back