• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just how unlucky can one person be?

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Looks like another VACCINATED bun has gone down with Myxi :cry:

I swear to god if I ever met the person that released Myxi into the wild I'd kill them :x

Rapidly loosing faith in the Myxi vaccine and the fact that it was given in three seperate sites :(

Loosing one or two is bad enough but to loose four already this year is heartbreaking :cry:

Minstrel had been in contact with the other that caught it as they were all bonded, but the last time she had contact with any of them was back in December, is it possibly that she caught it but wasn't going to develop it until she had a stressfull time recently :?:

She lives with her sister whom she adores :cry:

The final journey is at 5.10pm tonight, we're not fighting this time, I can't cope with it, head says I should let her go, heart says I should at least give her a chance of fighting :cry:

I am so sorry Gem, words mean so little when you have been through what you have done in the past few months. My thoughts are with you and your buns at this dreadful time.

Janice

So sorry for you, horrid evil illness :cry:

It does seem odd that they've all gotten it after being vaccinated, was it the same batch of vaccine used (just wondering if there was something wrong with the vaccine) or have you just been incredibly unlucky :?

kayjay said:
So sorry for you, horrid evil illness :cry:

It does seem odd that they've all gotten it after being vaccinated, was it the same batch of vaccine used (just wondering if there was something wrong with the vaccine) or have you just been incredibly unlucky :?

It was the same batch of Vaccine :( the manufacturers have been informed by my vets.

If I can find my cards I'll post the numbers on here, although they mean nothing to me :oops:

Gem, I am so sorry to read this.

Thinking of you and Minstrel.

I am sure you will decide what is the best thing to do.

Take care

Tracey x

I know nothing i can say will make you feel any better Gem. :cry: :cry:
I`m so sorry this is happening & just wanted you to know i`m thinking of you.

Su.x

I can't think of anything to say apart from I will send good vibes to hope the others survive and you loose no more

Back