• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Random stripes developing

buddabun

Warren Veteran
Jack is a typical "chinchilla" marked bun but recently I've noticed a little white stripe across her nose, she also has a patch of darker fur ringed in white on her back. My first thought was that she was moulting (from the top of her back down I guess) but she doesn't seem to be shedding fur.

Any thoughts? Will try and get the camera up and running and post some pics but we're both stumped!

dont know sorry
although last night i noticed that teegra's fur arounf his neck is darker than usual, i just assumed it was his winter coat being weird (as it is his 'mane' that is dark - he doesnt have one in summer)

will watch this with interest :D

Trip had a dark line across his nose which just appeared in November, but over the last few days as he has been moulting it has kind of moved up to above his ears if you know what I mean. It was really dark at first and if you looked at him from the front they looked like eyebrows :lol: But it has been fading and is almost gone now

You can kind of see the line in this picture, it got a lot darker before it moved up though :D

000_0694.jpg

that's really similar to Jack - except hers is kinda dark and white (cos she's chinchilla so the colours are in there anyway)... so i assumed that it was one set of hairs shorter than the others

I don't know!! weird. Will try and sort out some pics for tomorrow

oo teegs gets those lines too i just assumed he had been sticking his nose somewhere he shouldnt and had 'dented' it :lol: :lol:

hahaha it looks like that as well!!

i wondered aboutt he nose but then this big "patch" appeared on her back - not creeping up liek she'd be moulting but all of a sudden, like she'd decided to dye her hair one day. am trying to get camera phone to work to take a piccy but no dice. jack is hiding from weird mummy with black machine making whirry noises i'm afriad.

Back