• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New guinea pig setup :-)

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Hi all,

After yesterday's tragic event (poor Starla pig died very suddenly and mysteriously), we decided to give the piggies a brand new run area. We bought a wooden bridge to use as a ramp, and put some toys in there too. We bought a piece of linoleum from Carpet Right (2m X 1m) to cover the floor of the run. The other hutch is our "spare" - China and Rocket used to have it (with a permanent large run attached, of course!).

So, here's their new pad in all its glory!

P1010019-1.jpg

P1010018-1.jpg

AMETHYST

cavysrock said:
that looks great, are they rabbit shack hutches?

Thanks! Yes they are! I think Rabbit Shack make great hutches. They're only 3ft, but with a permanent run they're fab for an indoor setup.

AMETHYST

wow looks great :D

could you open the spare hutch too? ( :oops: please dont think im rude saying that im always looking at ways to make my animale living speace bigger so i notice things like that :oops: :oops: :oops: )

Hi Amethyst.
I am just about to buy one of these hutches for my piggies, would it be possible when you have time to let me know the depth of the hutches from the inside? need to know how much room they will have.
Many Thanks
Carol X

Carol X said:
Hi Amethyst.
I am just about to buy one of these hutches for my piggies, would it be possible when you have time to let me know the depth of the hutches from the inside? need to know how much room they will have.
Many Thanks
Carol X

They're not that deep, mine are in the shed so can't measure them right now, but they're certainly only about one and half foot deep. But they're good strong hutches especially for pigs and were put together very easily single handed. I've just bought some 5ft ones off ebay really cheaply for my piggies:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-WOO...hZ018QQcategoryZ63513QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

cheekytikki said:
wow looks great :D

could you open the spare hutch too? ( :oops: please dont think im rude saying that im always looking at ways to make my animale living speace bigger so i notice things like that :oops: :oops: :oops: )

:lol: It's okay! I don't think you're being rude at all! :) We actually need to sell that hutch so need to leave it cleaned out (it's a bit stained so we're doing it in stages). China and Rocket used to live in that hutch (with attached run) but now they are free-range along with Miles and Miffy we no longer need it. It's good that you're concerned though! I always like to maximise space too! :D

Rikku and Hurley have both got the hang of outside although Ifalna is a lot more hesitant. Rikku in particular is having a whale of a time, I've never SEEN so many popcorns!! :lol: :love:

AMETHYST

Back