• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Baz

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
At the half term (the week after next week) Baz and Holly are going for a neauter and spay. Well seems he is a long haired breed what ever fur he grows back wil probably have to be cut off again :roll:
They are also being vaccinated at half term aswell, at least £500, and my vet doesn't accept the RSPCA things :(

Ande he keeps terrifying me, he stood up and was bright red underneath and i started to panick but then realised it was the reflection of the fleece he was sitting on :roll: :oops:
He seems to ahve settled in quite well, he hasb eaten his pellets and veggies and played with his toys and binkyed a few times.

Beth i hope that's a typing error..£500 :shock:
As for Baz I'd put him somewhere quiet and leave him to settle..it's very frightening for a new animal to change homes.
He looks a cutie but will need grooming every day so that will keep you busy!! :lol:
As for cutting off his matts.(seen your other thread) be very careful best to get someone to help you as so easy to catch the bunnies skin...or you could ask vet to do it when he is neutered.

Those vaccinations are far too much, you need to check and if your vet is charging that much, change vets!!

My vet (who charged £70 for a spay so isn't cheap) charges £9 for myxi and £11 for vhd

No wonder you've not been able to afford to vaccinate your buns if your vet is that expensive :?

cavysrock said:
spay- £66
neature- £55
mxyix2 - £100
VHDx2-£150

why can't i spel??? LOL

£100 for one set of jabs? I would definitely see another vet! Good grief, I pay £60 for 2 myxi and 2 vhd IN TOTAL for the year! Jesus!

I think you should ask for the price again to confirm, and question it with them if they still says it is that much! I'm sorry those prices just for jabs, takes the mick, that's just ridiculous!

cavysrock said:
my vets are expensive and don't accept the RSPCA voucher things, i am looking into a differant vets :?

I'd definitely look into a different vets. I know from your past posts that money is an issue (like us) so you really don't need to pay over the odds. The spay/neuter fees are good, so if you're happy with the vet then get them to do that unless you can find one to accept the vouchers. But I'd def shop around for vaccinations, that's extortionate!

I'm sure there are other vets, whereabouts are you? I live in the middle of nowhere and there are at least 4 vets within a short drive

cavysrock said:
yeah, just for one jab but it's still cheaper and there are no other vets around here

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought everything was cheaper up north, there goes my idea of moving away from the 'expensive' south!

There must be another vet nearby somewhere!

There are more vets where I live than all the human health care facilities put together!

the one in my village is part of the one that has vaccinations for £40, there is the super expensive one and pets at home vets.

Is beckiboo not nearby, maybe ask her where she gets her buns seen? :D

For me, the vaccinations for one year and 2 spays only comes to £140!!!

I don't think ANY vet charges that, if you are sure its that, give me their number and I'll give them a jolly good talking to. :lol:

Back