• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free/cheap toys

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Well after having just spent £25 on toys in a petshop and my buns not being that bothered, I thought it would be a good idea if we could all share tips on house hold things which our bunny's find entertaining.

For example, I have just put a pellet in a screwed up sheet of newspaper and they thought it was really exciting and much more fun than the things I have just brought.

Another one (which I think is quite common but I'll put it on anyway) is to stuff a toilet roll with hay.

So anymore please??

I stuff their veggies in toilet roll tubes
i also give them, pads of paper, newspaper, phone books, willow branches etc

plastic flower pots (as long as they dont chew them) mine just pick them up and throw them :lol:

a box of sand/soil/cut up rags to dig in and fling about

scrunched up paper balls

yellow pages

cheekytikki said:
plastic flower pots (as long as they dont chew them) mine just pick them up and throw them :lol:

scrunched up paper balls

yellow pages

ooooh hadn't thought of the rags :D Do you use a fairly low sided box?

Argos catalogue is a favourite with my two. My aunty gave me some old place mats and coasters a few months ago which were made out of a straw-y material, and un-treated, they have all but one been destroyed now!! And their favourite toy of all has now lasted nearly 2 years. It's/was a laundry basket, untreated, and I cut a hole in the side, they sit in it, use it as a tunnel, climb on it, dig at it and chew it. There's not a lot of it left now, but it's still going just about!!!

This shows some of it, excuse Tre's random position!!

IMG_0230.jpg

Cardboard boxes are a favourite

IMG_0324.jpg

toilet roll tubes go down well!

ttrs.jpg

awwww you have such cute rabbits. It sounds like it's been hard work for them to destroy that basket :lol: :lol:

IsabelM said:
cheekytikki said:

scrunched up paper balls

yellow pages

ooooh hadn't thought of the rags :D Do you use a fairly low sided box?

yeah storage boxes are good (cheap too) atm mine have an old towel in a shallow storage box and the base of an old ferret cage full of sand :D

Hay stuffed into a loo roll inner keeps mine amused for HOURS! Cardboard boxes with a couple of holes cut in the sides is a good one too. Also, I've just given mine our old Argos catalogue, and they LOVE it! We currently have the entire furniture section scattered around our living room. :lol:

AMETHYST

The only shop-bought toy Joey likes is something called Play Veg that I got from Wilko's (79p), looks like a pineapple, but made out of straw or something. I bought him one last weekend, and found it obliterated this morning! Bought another one today! :)

See the pic below of the one I bought today, and the one Joey has taken care of!

S4020885.jpg

Fifi's favourite plaything is a popup tent from poundland.. she will run around in it for ages as if she is in a hamster ball! :lol: :lol: The others will pick things up and throw them such as willow sticks, balls, toilet rolls, kitchen roll inards, tissue boxes, branches, clean yoghurt pots, margarine tubs

i bought one of those play veg for my pair of gerbilsand they shredded it in minutes, they shred so many toilet tubes everyday to. I never thought of getting one for my rabbit, i may go get one tommorow :D

Diddeen said:
Fifi's favourite plaything is a popup tent from poundland.. she will run around in it for ages as if she is in a hamster ball! :lol: :lol: The others will pick things up and throw them such as willow sticks, balls, toilet rolls, kitchen roll inards, tissue boxes, branches, clean yoghurt pots, margarine tubs

Is that the pop up tent for cat (black) i had a look at that this morning but thought it would take up to much room being for cats, how big is it ruffly, i might get one if it doesn't take up alot of room.

Rupert likes to throw around all of his rabbit toys ( he likes to throw the ones that jingle when we are asleep!!!) but his favourite thing to play with is a piece of paper!!! He will run around with a piece of paper in his mouth for ages, sometimes it flops over his eyes so he cant see but he still keeps on running around and jumping on my bed- hes a little nutter!!! :D :love: :D

Treat balls often are good if you put their pellets in them. Hand their food on string and hang it up from the top of their hutch. Tunnels made of boxes put together often go down well.

Kezza30 said:
Diddeen said:

Is that the pop up tent for cat (black) i had a look at that this morning but thought it would take up to much room being for cats, how big is it ruffly, i might get one if it doesn't take up alot of room.

The ones i have are dark blue called a pop up pet house. You can see them in this photo.. Fifi was only small back then
bunnyroom1.jpg

I have a pop up tent like Chris and one of the buns loves it but the others don't really care :roll:

I have one of these for my Banana-Porridge, cost 50p from poundland!!! also got some cat balls, plastic with small balls inside and another rollaround jingly thing all for the grand price of a whole one pound!!!

Back