• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ivor and Anna-Sophia

Ivor/Anna

Warren Scout
Hello, I'm a new member so thought I would introduce my rabbits.
I've got a 6 months old neutered male Dutch named Ivor and an 11 weeks old female English named Anna Sophia (she has two names as i couldn't decide)
When Anna Sophia gets a bit older I'm going to be fully bonding them so I'm going to be asking for lots of help and advise on that front!

Here are links to some little videos of my rabbits going around their daily business and one of their first meeting(it went surprisingly well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ItuORiBeRI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25P60ybU3tE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6NiqZNC_0k

Sorry about the terrible sound quality!

How weird... my two girls are called Anastacia (we call her Ana for short sometimes!) and her sister is Sofia! Great choice of names I must say ;)

Lovely bunnies too :)

Aww both are beautiful, my gran used to have an English called Betsy Bun and I have 2 dutchies! :D

Good luck bonding them, of course, you do realise, she will need to be spayed before bonding or your wee man will constantly *ahem* pester her. :wink: Females can be spayed from 6 months, and the health benefits of being spayed for girl buns mean you'd probably want to get her spayed anyway :wink: :D

Yes I'm definitely going to get her spayed, I want to have her for a long time so its really the only option! Ivor has been neutered, will he still be 'interested' in her? (notice how subtly i put that!!)

I'm quite scared to do the bonding, when i first got Anna Sophia I put them together a few times but i've since found out she was too young and have to wait. When i put them together Ivor chased her a bit and was nudging her quite hard under the belly! Anna Sophia started to seem scared of him so they havent been together since. Anna Sophia is currently in a cage in the kitchen where Ivor runs around free, they sniff and lick each other through the bars, i think thats a good sign.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww your bunnies are adorable, I love the teat ball video :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello and welcome to RU! :wave:

Ivor/Anna said:
Ivor has been neutered, will he still be 'interested' in her? (notice how subtly i put that!!)

He could still be as her hormones may excite him. Before China was spayed, Rocket showed rather a lot of interest in her, but since she was spayed he hasn't humped or pestered her at all.

Ivor/Anna said:
When i put them together Ivor chased her a bit and was nudging her quite hard under the belly! Anna Sophia started to seem scared of him so they havent been together since.

That's all perfectly normal, as is chasing, nipping and even fur-pulling! :roll: When you bond them, only separate them if they really fight (like an inseparable scrap with no signs of backing off). Separating them will only mean you're back to square one. Remember also to do it on neutral territory as either one of them can get defensive of their territories.

Your bunnies are both adorable! Good luck with the bonding! :thumb:

AMETHYST

I personally would get her spayed before bonding, as if would be a shame if you had to seperate them again, also, when she has the op, she'd have to be seperated as any of his activities could cause damage to her wounds. :wink:

OH crikey!!!!!!!!!!! I adore your bunnies esp Ivor awwwwwwwwwww hes so funny how he picks up his treatball and runs round with it :love: :love: He looks such a cheeky boy!

The bonding was funny too how he was nudging her out the way and she wasnt bothered one bit awwww :love:

He is so cheeky, the two of them couldnt be more different! It may be Anna's age but she is much quiter and less destructive, Ivor seems to get bored very easily.

Back