• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tail Wagging!

Do your bunnies wag their tails ?
and is it a good thing or a bad thing.... ?

My bunnies do it all the time, especially the youngest one, and I know they are not unhappy bunnies .... the amount of binkies they do tells me that :lol:

But I wondered if anyone elses buns do that, and what does it mean?

Thumper does it alot.....usually when she has the run of the house and then ends up wee'in on the sofa after we have chased her off it and she jumps back on. Despite her being generally well trained with her litter tray. So Jane must be right......when they are being naughty or up to mischief :lol:

According to the House Rabbit Handbook by Marinell Harriman:

"In competitive or a courting context, rabbits may twitch their tails from side to side and spray their conquests. A modified assertion is simply tail-twitching as a form of "back talk"."

AMETHYST

On the language of lagomorphs website he has it down as a mild insult so back chat would be roughly equivalent. I have seen it a lot lately after Pierre tries to get a bit OTT with Adele she runs off tail twitching.

Caz

Loki (neutered) wags his tail from side to side when he's doing his love dance for Mocha. :D

Oberon shakes his tail up and down a lot when he's investigating something. It's super cute.

:lol: Jane i agree if its under your nose definatley!!
However oscar used to do it when he was thinking of being naughty or he was really excited/happy..so does bif or she did before oscar passed away last year.
Bertie does it when hes thinking but when hes sleeping and dreaming..he waggs his so hard it thump thump thumps on the floor just like a dogs! wel he is a frenchie and his tail is like 3 inches long! :shock:

Back