• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Por Dandelion sick again - update Worms in poo

Suzanne

Mama Doe
This morning Dandelion was just lying in the litter tray lifeless again. :( Only three weeks ago he was at the vets for three days with stasis. :( I can't understand why he could be unwell again. He's not a big hay eater (i've tried so many different types) but he likes greens and only has pellets at night. The vet clipped a tooth spur but she said it was very small. Could have been that - we don't realy know.

Anyway he stayed in the vets all day and we've just brought him home. I've syringe feed him and put him back in with Florence. He needs more syringing. he's not pooed yet.

Stil not eating - and being syringe fed. Been back to vets this morning and he was given another pain killer and some gut stimulant. Just had him running around on the garden for an hour so hopefuly that wil help. :(

Oh, I`m sorry he still hasn`t picked up. :cry:
Sending loads more positive vibes Dandelion`s way........................

Su.x

HI am going through exactly the same thing with pistachion, she had an eye removed yesterday and having to syringe feed her at the mo. baby food and pineapple juice all the way!! Good luck, healing vibes winging their way to you x Jess

Hi there. I hope that Dandelion feels better soon. My bunnies are very prone to gas from vegetables. Any chance this could be a problem for Dandelion?

Fiona x

Thanks for all the advice Jane - much appreciated.

Found some worms in the few small poos that he's done but he's still not eating. I've given him some more infacol, and syringe fed him a few times today. I've also given him some Panacur which we got from the bunny MOT last week. I've started to treat all the bunnies. I'm taking the poos and Dande to the vet tomo for confimation but I'm sure they are worms. i hope this is the cause of this stasis as he was sick with it two weeks ago.

Back