• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good bunny books

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Hi,
I work in a library and I noticed yesturday that we hardly have any books on rabbits. My mother has managed to get the knotting collection of books increased (she works there too) by reserving new books that we don't have, then the librarian orders them.

Anyway, as we have about as many books on pet rabbits as pet hedghogs :shock: I thought I would begin my campaighn to increase the rabbit book selection. So does anybody know any 'must haves'?

Thanks for your help!
:D :D :D

Your ALWAYS helpful Mandy!

Thanks for the link. I'd better look later as I promised myself I'd be at uni for 9 today :? :?
:lol:

The RSPCA one is quite good, esp as in the front cover it states that rabbits are not a good pet, and it is very informative

Can you get American books? I highly recommend Rabbit Health in the 21st Century, The House Rabbit Handbook, The House Rabbit Primer, and Why Does My Rabbit?

mandy said:
NOT The rabbit whisperer- what a load of rubbish that is!
Also thought the Rabbitolpedia or whatever it is called isnt very good.

I have to disagree on the Rabbitlopaedia - I think it's got some good stuff in it when it comes to rabbit diseases and health care :D

If you have houserabbits (and even if you have outside rabbits) the House Rabbit Handbook by Marinell Harriman is a very good read.

AMETHYST

Rabbits for dummies is an excellent book and is the best i have seen. Why does my rabbit? is equally good. Lop rabbits as pets by Sandy Crook is rubbish and I don't like Rabbitl;opeadia neither-it is too basic! I do like the Rabbit whisperer though-it is basic but it has interviews of famous people who love rabbits like Suggs from Madness and Toyah wilcox

Back