• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

was my kitty giving the come on to our frenchie!!??

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i should have believed my daughter..i didnt think it was possible and omg what a time to pick cat!
I got a barrage of phone calls on my mobile which id stupidly forgot to turn off in the vets and when i finally got to it..it was my daughter..the housebound one..i panicked..but pulled up in taxi to see my younger daughter had come to sit with her.
the reason for the calls..our kittens..hormones risen.
About a week or so ago Zuzu our little black n white female kitten became too friendly with bertie..nibbling and sucking his ears and getting his full attention only to roll around on her back with her legs in the air.
i thought my daughter had it wrong.i thought she was showing him shes no threat in cat body language.
She got as upset as Salem when i penned the buns up in the lounge.. She kept making chirpy sounds like she always does but especially at bertie.
Her and her brother salem were born on august 30th alast year so they are just 5 months old..and his wot nots have finally dropped totally.
i was waiting till i got back from the vet at animed today to ring and book them both in for the snip at the horndean vets..
I got back to find instead of the constant play fighting there was Zuzu rear end in the air inviting her brother to climb aboard!!
Then was trying to get berties atention through the bars!!
yup shes a tart!
I rang the vets explaining whats happened and they said cant fit em in till tuesday..omg what do i do! i have the littler doggy crate in the hallway with a blanket cushion teddy bear food and water and tray for madam..
i let her out tonite.she slept near the radiator then after several hours woke up and played catch with her fisihing wand toy. then i got distracted for a second and i heard the weird chirping again loud and cosntant..i peked up the stairs to find them on the half landing..and he looked as tho hed learnt what to do just hadnt quite realised sittng on her wasnt the thing she needed.
couldnt risk her and him at it..even tho being spayed tuesday and the snip..its just disturbing!
The fact she kept trying to get berties affections was even more worrying1 cos thats when she swiped at bif..her competitor for his affections?
i cant handle this till tuesday im going to go nuts! so will the bunnies!!
The vets said being that theyre only just 5 months not 6 they dont normally do them and if the vet decides theyre too young and small for their age which they are he wont do it..um really..if so im off to animed!

Poor little girl her hormones are raging. At least you are being responsible about getting them 'done' as soon as you can.
I remember when the two I have had from kittens were like that. They can be an absolute pain.

Good luck

Rabswood

salem the little boy doesnt know quite what to do next once hes squaashed her to the floor :lol:
so i seperate them and have water pistol on hand so she can have some exercise etc..except her exercise involves mewing and showing her bits to naything that she can rub up against! s back int he crate she goes.
salems been so cuddly since shes been crated and much nicer to the bunnies too.
i always have had mine done with one exception our old female mog as she was on hormones due to a horrific skin problem and eczema whichmade all her skin flare up so the vet put her on that to clear it up and benefit was she wouldnt come into season..ermm well we never saw her or heard her but she did and had 5 kitens..i was soo ashamed of myself but it wasnt strictly my fault..like humans i guess it doesnt owrk 100%!! shes been a dead a year next weekend bless her.

with both kitties being done on tuesday and bif getting dental xrays etc on thursday maybe i should call my house..animal hospital!! :shock: :lol:

Back