• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit heaven

vickiesox

New Kit
I don't know if anyone will be interested in what I have to say but I thought i'd write anyway to share with you a little about Snuffy. I'm having a pretty hard time at the moment as I lost the most adorable bunny in the world as far as i'm concerned that is. She was an agouti & white French lop called Snuffy. the best, cuddliest, lovingest Houserabbit I could have wished for. I think that she was rather unusual in that she spent all possible time with me, we would even water Tv on the sofa together and both fall asleep. She would snuggle up with me for hours at a time. She would also follow me around the house, if i was gone from the room she was in for more than 5 minutes she would come and find me and either watch me from the doorway or, if i was cooking, sit on or right by my feet. She also loved to keep me an my partner clean, hands legs face anything she made contact with, it was not unheard of to get soggy patches on your top or trousers where you had been "loved". i'm not sure if her behaviour was particularly unusual but our lionhead called Ceddy doesn't behave in a similar way at all. anyway we have had a rather unusual idea as to what to do with Snuffy now, we have some bluebell woods close to us and have decided that it would be quite fitting to scatter her ashes there in the spring. She has left a very large furry space in our lives and much as Ceddy is a cute little rabbit I would love to have another big one in the future.

So sorry that you have lost your rabbit. She sounds like she was wonderful! I think scatterign her ashes in the woods sounds like a lovely idea :D

I am so sorry for you loss, she sounded like a lovely bunny who was very happy living with you x x x

She sounds like a really sweet bunny. Sorry to hear that you lost her. Have you heard about the candlelit ceremony for bunnies that have gone to the bridge. I'm not clever enough to put the link on here but I'm sure someone will do it (PLEASE). Basically, I think it's Friday night that the members of RU are going to light candles for buns that have passed away. I think it will be a great way to remember your baby girl and you'll have to support from everyone from RU.

Hope that helps babe,
Take care xxx

Snuffy sounded like such a wonderful bunny, it's no wonder she has left a space. :cry: What a lovely idea about scattering her ashes in bluebell woods - I'm sure she would be very happy that you thought of her so highly (although I'm sure she knew how much you loved her! :)). I think it's a very beautiful thing to do.

Here's the link to the Candle Ceremony thread. I believe there's one planned for this Friday.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25046

AMETHYST

I agree, scattering Snuffy's ashes in the Bluebell Wood is a lovely idea.
It sounds as though you gave her a wonderful home full of love and companionship.

Janex

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Snuffy sounded like a wonderful bunny & you obviously gave her a wonderful life.
I think the idea of scattering her ashes in the bluebell woods is lovely.

Sorry for your loss,
Su.x

Sorry for your loss :cry: Scattering her ahses sounds like a lovely idea.

Perhaps with time Ceddy will become more friendly?

Back