• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sams due to eb speyed.....

becks

Alpha Buck
ok i was rather calm about getting sam speyed, until i read a post.

i know that the risk of her getting cancer is alot higher than the risk of something going wrong due to speying.

but i'm still worrying abt her.

she is my first bun, and due to be speyed on tuesday, afetr which she will stay in her indoor house in our lounge, for a few weeks, before being introiduced to her new playmate domino, whom we are collecting from the rescue on monday.

how likely is it that there will be problems? and what kind of signs should i watch for? im a worrier i knwo, but sam is our baby, she tugs at opur feet when she wants attention, and lyes on my knee like a dog!

I know how you are feeling, I really do, because this time last week I was frantic with worry about having Furby done. However, she was done on Thursday and her recovery has been text-book perfect. When I collected her from the vet the nurse told me to check her scar once a day but apart from that not to disturb her for a couple of days. I wasn't sure what I should be checking, so she showed me the scar and explained what had been done and that if it started to look more swollen or red then to take her straight back.She nibbled at a bit of hay that first evening and also had a wee and passed quite a few droppings. As long as she eats, poos and wees she should be fine, but if you get worried phone the vet and ask for advice. Check that she's given a gut stimulant and painkiller as well.

I know how you're feeling too! Tam is the first of my girls to be spayed. She was done last friday and she's still causing me worry! I know she was given long lasting pain killer when she came home but not sure about the gut stimulant. She is still not her normal self but has eaten veggies since and a little hay. Last night though she refused all her veg and didnt seem to have touched her water or hay. I was about to go into complete panic mode this morning but just thought I'd offer her a different kind of hay. . . and hey presto! She's munching away on the other kind :D So now I'm relieved again! Her scar is all healing and looking good though. After my experience though I would definitely as Capel said, check she's had a gut stimulant, it sounds like that helps alot. Good luck x x

My lady bun was spayed in January and I was a nervous wreck too, but it all went perfectly. She was eating and poo'ing that night without any problems. She was even trying to binky in her recovery cage the second day! :lol:

Ocasionally things dogo wrong, but the risk of a complication is much outweighed by the benefits of getting your bunny spayed xx

Just keep checking she is ok with poops and eating and drinking. After 24 hours should be up and moving normally!

Back