• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so angry & very sad

karen354

Warren Veteran
My sister has a neighbour that did have 2 cats,2 dogs & 4 rabbits...
They don't have a garden it's a tiny yard :(
I've now found out that the 4 rabbits died her boyfriend was seen chucking those poor rabbits bodys into the rubbish bin :cry:
Now the dog is dead !! The woman admitted to another neighbour when she was drunk that she neglected the dog, she left him outside in a shed with no bedding & no water or food ..
She must of starved the 4 rabbits aswell.
The rspca were called because the neighbours said the smell coming from the shed was dreadful. She had 2 dogs in that tiny shed they weren't allowed out even to go to the toilet ..
When the rspca arrived a few days ago she came out the house screaming & swearing at them so they left....
Is is worth me phoning the rspca again ?
Shes brought the one dog into the house now & is feeding him up..
I can't go to my sisters house now because if I see that evil witch I dont know what i'd do to her...

If the RSPCA can't do anything, call the police. I believe that cruelty to animals IS an offence, but that the RSPCA are more likely to bring a prosecution than the police, which is why they are generally the 1st port of call (is there anybody on this forum who can be more sure than me?).

At least, call your local police station and don't give names (well, not your name unless you are sure there will be no reprisals) but tell them the situation and ask if there is anything they can do. Be aware that once you make a complaint that the police take up you may have to appear in court (ditto, your sister), so make sure that you know EXACTLY what will happen before you let things get out of your hands.

I've called the rspca again they said they'll phone me back....
Problem is now they have no evidence that the animals have been cruel treated :( .. The rabbits are gone & they've buried the starved dog..

oh thats awful! those poor animals!
good for you for ringing rspca again. i would have done the same thing. are they going to visit her again to check the health and wellbeing of the remaining animals. maybe they could have a case for neglect with these ones if they were able to inspect them

Why do we have a society that always has its hands tied (RSPCA). I hope the new act can change things, but I am sceptical. At least they may not have to wait for an animal to die first.

Oh dear, this is terrible. Truly awful. Be brave and confident when you speak to them.

Poor animals.

Fiona x

its sickening..ive seen this behaviour myself..my neighbour at the old house left the guinea pigs to die in their hutch..told everyone they died of heart trouble at the pdsa...well in the spring the hutch really smelt and they were seen going..eww looking init and they burnt it..the kids said the guinea pigs remains were where theyd died in it..it was awful.
Elsehwere i called the rspca for a dog that died overnite in agony after ingesting rat poison because the owners had no money whatsoever to take it to the vets or treat it..the husband had recently died and the wife and daughter are mentally incompetent..thats the only reasson plus the bereavement that they got away with it apparently or shed have been prosecuted..
the guinea pigs claws were so long they couldnt walk..the rabbits were stuck in little wooden boxes without water they were licking condensation off the water bottles in the freezing shed and food was meagre ..the buns all got removed the next couple of days..but they hid the 2 cats who were shut in a boiler room! They used to be in a freezing barn on a concrete floor with no bedding or heaters.
And i was the one in the wrong for calling the rspca as shed lost her husband 6 weeks previously.
But i pointed out shed always been like that with the animals..the dogs are so well fed..um nope. just never ever exercised and shes got a rottweiler who has never been to puppy classes/dog training and is allowed to do everything she shouldnti ncluding jump up at people and drag her 10 yr old retarded son around the house and garden..and shes not been spayed..none of them are vaccinated
everytime a pet dies they go out an buy another one..

but im the one who dotes on my pets..goes without for my pets..and mine all die horribly so i must be a worse owner cos their rabbit lived for 4 years without ever getting sick or going to the vets..grrrrr

purplebumble said:
its sickening..ive seen this behaviour myself..my
but im the one who dotes on my pets..goes without for my pets..and mine all die horribly so i must be a worse owner cos their rabbit lived for 4 years without ever getting sick or going to the vets..grrrrr

I know how you feel, someone I know let their rabbit's teeth get overgrown then thought it was ok to cut them with pliers, went on holiday and thought it was acceptable to just fill the food bowl to the rim and leave it. Their bun lived for 3-4 years, my Tia lived for 10months and I did everything I could for her :(

Back