• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maya back to vets ARGGHHH

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
As if the poor little man hadn't seen enough of my filthy car and been poked enough by the vets. :( I am taking him back again today.

He has lost loadsa hair, and is very itchy. I first thought that maybe he was just having a crazy moult. But he has loadsa dandruff and all i have read suggests hes got mites. I might be wrong (lets hope), but never mind, at least i'll know for sure whats happening with the little baldy boy.

Animals sure know how to worry us, and take every penny we might have :lol:

Just to let you all know Maya is having the hugest strop ever...Mark took some of his Maya flakey hair, and had a looka t it under the microscope. He couldn't see any mites, but has given him a ivomec injection because he still thinks hes got probs with some sorta bug.

Mark said that it was probably brought on by the episode with his tear ducts.

Maya has been mega grumpy today. Throwing his bowl around and even grumbled when i cleaned his litter tray out. One good thing has come of it he isn't scratching so much today :D

I hope it clears up quick for him - I know how you feel - just when you get over one thing something else comes along!

Thanks...he'll be just fine. Hes a good ol' bun. He never got treated for nothing at his first home, so its probably a shock to his system that hes being loved so much.

Funny thing is Maya didn't even budge out of his carry box. Had to take the carrier apart so Mark could get to Maya. Maya does lub Mark though. Always give Mark a BIG nose rub :shock:

Back