• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bradford Show Cross posted, please remove from wrong channel

LonBun

Warren Scout
Well I have been and done a Bunny Show, but I dont think I will be doing any more. Some of the buns looked quite happy. One or two were, understatedly not. I bought Loops a big bag of Oxbow hay. I am planning to write to the RWA with some of my evidence and post back on their response (if any) before I post any of the pics and videos here.

I should point out that I saw no outright abuse or deliberate cruelty. I saw a lot of buns in cages two small and with hidey hole in a noisy hall being denied what most rabbits want in the early afternoon; some privacy and a kip. Very few had a toy or a stuffy (remember that are not spayed/neutered). Less half of them had hay. One or two were on wire bases, which after judging I don't think is necessary. The exhibitors of Giants did best with cages that the buns could properly flop in. They all had water from drip bottles but the bottles were really Guinea Pig size.

one interesting thing is that Panacur is now being offered as a prophylactic against EC. You can buy a syringe for a years dosage from your vet for about £7-8.

Adam

Re: Bradford Show Cross posted, please remove from wrong cha

LonBun said:
one interesting thing is that Panacur is now being offered as a prophylactic against EC. You can buy a syringe for a years dosage from your vet for about £7-8.
Adam

This seems to be the latest developement in rabbit care, there were a few posts during last week on this matter. There are a number of people who have started this treatment after taking their buns to the vets for their free check up last week as part of bunny week. If it improves the hea;th of a few buns this is all worth while, hopefully before too long we will see a drop in the number of buns with EC

Back