• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for those with 'playhouse buns'

bissli

Alpha Buck
I've had my buns in their new playhouse since yesterday and it's been a huge success, I will never return to hutches. My question is, how do you stop them from making a run for the door when you visit them? I've been able to stop them from getting out so far, but I'm worried that one of these days I might not be as lucky because they're so curious about what's outside the door. Do you have some kind of enclosure around the playhouse to stop them from going far?

Make an inner door out of mesh which can be left open in the summer, with this make it like a stable door.

Or fix a solid bit of wood up to the height you can step over it on the inner aspect of the door frame.

Oh that stable door thing is such a good idea, I had thought about putting mesh over the inside of half the door, but was worried I wouldn't be able to get over it! Having an internal mesh stable door would be a much better idea, thanks!

I have an inner mesh door which is like a stable door, so I can leave the shed door open all day for light, and can open the top mesh door and get in and out.

And your right you`ll never go back to hutches after having a shed :)

Mandy

I thought mine would make a run for it when I opened the door but they haven't done. I did have a mesh panel there for a bit but then took it away as they never tried to escape. They usually go to the door when I open it to pester me for food and nose rubs. Sheds are the best!

Back