• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue - Very Poorly :o(

anon101

Banned
This was my original thread about Blue:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=37689

Blue has deteriorated badly over the weekend. :cry: Her back end has now collapsed and all she can do is wiggle her legs but not stand up. Her front legs are starting to fail as she cant keep herself upright for long periods of time without support.

She's on Panacur again, pain relief, antibiotics and anti-inflammatorys. We are hand feeding her and syringing liquids with critical care. She is eating and drinking reasonably well but wont touch hay. I'm having one :censored: of a job keeping her rear dry/clean. Currently changing towels every few hours and using baby wipes to get the worst off.

Vets ringing me this afternoon to have a talk about what to do. She's not improving with the current treatment but not getting any worse.

I fear we will be saying goodbye tonight.
:cry: :cry:

Louise

Oh Louise I am so sorry to hear that Blue has deteriorated :cry:
I was in the same situation with Martha this time last week :cry:
I know you will do whatever is best for Blue.

Janex

Louise i'm so sory to hear about Blue. I can't imagine what you are going through, but i just wanted to send my love and plenty of hugs for Blue :(

Louise I'm so very sorry to hear about Blue :cry: She has a wonderful Mum who will do whatever is right to make her happy again .. Huge Hugs Xx

Rebecca's just phoned. As we expected there's nothing more we can do for her. :cry: We will be helping Blue to the rainbow bridge tomorrow night.

Thanks for your messages,

Louise

thats is such a shame but you have done everything you can for her and doing this for her takes alot of courage and shows you love her very much..

ellepotter said:
Rebecca's just phoned. As we expected there's nothing more we can do for her. :cry: We will be helping Blue to the rainbow bridge tomorrow night.

Thanks for your messages,

Louise

So sorry Louise :cry:

Wishing Blue peace

Janex

Back