• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

TamLin's Babies

Fairy13

Wise Old Thumper
Hey while my dearest Tam is recovering from her spay (friday) I thought I'd pay homage to her and share some pics of her litter of 10 babies. (if i can figure the posting of pics !) She's still feeling down and unhappy so if you can spare her a little get well bunny thought before bed?
Ok here goes.

Nestat3days.jpg

Did this work? I'm gonna post and check if I've done it right! :roll: [/img]

It worked :)

What a lot of babies! The foot thats on the top looks so huge compared to their tiny bodies too :D

Very sweet

oh yes! there they are! This was the nest at three days old. What a clever mummy she was looking after this little lot. Here's a more close up pic of a little bubba also 3 days old.

Graemeat3days.jpg

At 6 days old their fur had started to come through and they look a bit more bunny like! This is a pic of the nest at 6 days and another close up.

[/img]
nestday6.jpg

sleepysleeper.jpg

I read in various places that mummy buns only feed their babies once every 24 hours and mostly at night. So one day after I'd put TamLin back in her hutch (she came out a few hours every day to munch grass and have some "me" time!) I was amazed that she hopped into the nest box and started to feed them. The pic isnt brilliant as I didn't want to risk disturbing and upsetting her. She was a very chilled mum though and we handled the babes from day one checking them both morning and evening. (mostly checking for any dead as she'd had such a big litter (10) and only 8 teats to go round we thought some might not make it) I took care not to wear any perfume etc and gave Tam a good stroke before I popped her in her run for each inspection. ( I wouldn't have dared do it with her home)

[/img]
Feedingtime2.jpg

You can see a little bald patch behind Tam's front leg where she pulled fur a bit enthusiaticly while nest building. Oh and a big-baby-bunny-bum view! I read babies feed from Mum on their back, I think this kinda shows that!

After making it to two weeks old there was an obvious runt in the litter as well as another couple of small buns, so we decided to help the tinies along a bit by feeding them replacement kitten milk with some probiotic powder sprinkled in that my vet gave me.

2weeks4days.jpg

This is the nest at two weeks and four days. We used to bring them all in in the box and syringe feed the smallest who were finding it hard to fight for their share.

They were very curious and cute minnie buns by now and we very curious to see what Daddy looked like!

[/img]
Aretheymine.jpg

It wasn't long before they were all able to hop out of the nest and join mum for dinner. Some books & sites I read said that babes shouldn't have veg etc until they were much older but another suggested that so long as mum had regularly had access to veg since having them it would kinda be in her milk anyway so we erred on that side and just let them tuck in with her. They never ate very much, I'm not sure they got much chance as TamLin was ravenous after feeding 10 kids day in day out!

HungryBunnies.jpg

In no time at all time flew by and the kids were able to go out with mum into the run, though she did get time out there alone too. I think she needed the break! Here they are at 6 weeks.

[/img]
IMG_0118.jpg

So now they are 16 weeks and looking for homes as unfortunately being such a large litter we can't possibly keep them all. 3 black bucks (neutered) and 2 black does and 1 brown are on the RR site. However I'm thrilled that the 2 brown bucks, Sharpe and Harper, went home with their new bunny parents today (I was sad :cry: but its best for them) And I'm pleased that their new parents are reading up everywhere on bunny parenting and are as neurotic as me! So i know they'll be well looked after.

I hope you enjoyed the piccies, (soz for the monster long post!) and please spare a thought for wonderful bunny mum Tamlin who's now sat here feeling blue :cry: Hopefully she'll start to feel better 2moz.

Oh just to say that I posted the full story about this little lot on the introductions page when I signed up. I'm not regular breeder and this little lot
were made end of september and born early morning 2nd of October. Since then my eyes have been opened to all the poor little bunnies of the world with no home and there's no way I'd breed again knowing what I do now. However, it was the most amazing experience, and I just wanted to share x x

Oh wow they are jst amazing!Prescious little things, gorgeous, and for all 10 to make it when so many baby bunnies don't - way 2 go Tamlin! (and u of course fpr helping with extra teets where nature left her short!) I love all off those pics, the first 1s jst looks like a sea of buunies, thn thy get cuter and cuter as they grow! I could never let my bunnies have babies, I'd jst be heartbroken letting them go............

Wow what an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing that with us, I really loved seeing the pictures.Congratulations on all your efforts. Pam. :D

That it just a lovely story to read and what a goot Bunny Mummy she was to bring up 10 children all in one go (I don't think I could do it :lol: ).

You've done a wonderful job as well.

Hannah

Thank you for all your lovely comments. She was a wonderful bunny mummy. And she just starting to perk up after her spay last friday so i'm feeling quite relieved. :D

Hannah - Barley Sugar is the most gorgeous bun I've ever seen! What an amazing colour she is! I could just sit and stare at her pic all day! :love:

oh they're just little mongrels! They're dad is a lop x and mum i believe is a dutch x she has the tiniest dainty feet I have ever seen on a bun!

They are gorgeous. It was lovely to read their story and see the little tiny babies. Well done Mummy bunny I say.

Back