• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fifi isnt right

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
i was thinking my three had all been healthy lately and their digestive systems seemed alot better since i got better hay and started to give them the papaya tablets. Today Fifi appeared ok first thing.. came running to me for her papaya tablet but later when i put their treatball in she just laid out in the litter box and wouldnt come out. When i went near her to check her she ran to the next one and laid down. I got her gave her belly rubs, some infacol and 5mls of pineapple juice but she wasnt interested in anything else. Typically i had to work this afternoon and just got back. She is still running away if i go near her but in between running away she lays down which is really not like her. Ive just brought her downstairs for more infacol, some warm water and tummy rubs. I just managed to tempt her to bite a little bit of grape and banana through force but she didnt really want them.. she'd normally go nuts for them! Im working again first thing in the morning but if she aint right when i get back she'll be going up the vets. Her fur is coming out like mad so im wondering if she has gone into a major moult. Only other thing i can think is i gave them some dried grass last night which they demolished.. she's had it before but not recently :( Biggest problem when they are all together is the fact i cant tell if she's done a poo or not. I have seen her stick her tail up for a wee so that part i guess is ok but again i cant tell exactly what cos they all use the same trays. Please send major vibes for my pretty girlie

How strange that you posted this.

Tinkerbell has been exactly the same tonight. Both of the rabbits usually rush over to the food when I put them in for the night. But tonight, Tinkerbell ignored the food and kept lying down, which is also unlike her.

I've given her tummy rubs but her tummy doesn't seem hard.

Will see how she is in the morning. She isn't moulting herself but Simba is, big time.

Hope both Fifi and Tinkerbell are ok by tomorrow.

Kate x

oh no.. i hope your Tinkerbell is ok too. Fifi's tummy isnt hard or lumpy either, feels very soft but i wonder if thats normal when it is very early on.

Oh no - hope she feels better soon. Could you try syringe feeding her some recovery food, or softened pellets? If shes not interested in eating for herself, you need to get something in her tummy to keep her system going.

Aww poor fluffster. Keep on with the Infacol and tummy rubs too and let us know how she gets along.

Aww, Sorry Just seen this Chris. Poor Fifi :( Sounds like she could quite possibly be in a heavy moult, are there any stringy poo's in the trays? :? Sounds like your doing everything right, Loads of hugs and vibes to your gorgeous lady :) X

Thanks for the thoughts guys.. Im glad to tell you that today she appears totally fine :? :D I spent ages last night syringing in warm water, mushed up pellets and giving tummy rubs and eventually i got a couple of odd shaped poops come out. No stringy ones so not sure what caused it.. she looked so lethargic i was quite worried about her. When i gave hte others their veggies last night she ran over but sniffed them and ran off again but i thought that was a pretty good sign. This morning she went mad when i gave them their treatball and she is now running around like mad so appears totally fine again.. very odd

Glad that Fifi is better today!

I was soooo scared to go and look at Tinkerbell today but she jumped straight out of the enclosure into the garden as soon as I let them out. Hubby says she has had some carrot off him and has also been eating grass all day.

I've given Simba a good grooming, his hair was coming out in great big piles!

Don't know what was wrong with her :?

Kate x

Does she ever groom Simba? Maybe she ingested some of his fluff :wink: Glad your tinkerbell is ok.. you'd never know anything was ever wrong with Fifi now.. she's back to crazy mode :roll: :lol: :lol:

the stuff you gave her was prob just right amount of fibre to push it all through..bertie and bif groom each other and it does cause tum upsets like that or worse gi stasis.

so glad shes beter today and tinkerbell too. :D

Tinkerbell is constantly grooming Simba, he demands it all the time!

It's the first year that they have lived together and the first moult that Simba has had in that time. There were a few stringy poo's in the litter tray when I checked yesterday afternoon so I'm hoping that the problem has now resolved itself.

Let's hope Fifi and Tinkerbell have finished with worrying us both!

Kate x

Back