• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look who`s just arrived...............................

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Here`s presenting Mr.Sheen:
PICT1092.jpg

Isn`t he gorgeous? :love: :love: :love:
His story is as follows.......................................... I had a phone call from my landlord (who fortunately also happens to be a very close friend) late last night. His step-daughter had been offered a guinea pig & for some strange reason they immediately thought of me! :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Basically, he had been brought for their friend`s children after their hamster died but they had no interest in him so were giving him away! :roll: Fortunately Jeff knows my slight passion for small furries so said he`d ask if i would be interested, is the earth round?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
So i then had a call this afternoon, asking if they could bring him over & 15 mins later they arrived with this little handsome man. He`s such a sweetie & has the shiniest coat, hence the name i gave him.
Hopefully tomorrow i will bond him in with Tim & arthur.
Here`s a couple more piccies:

PICT1094.jpg

PICT1095.jpg

What a cute likkle piggy nose!! :love: :love:

Su & my ever increasing zoo!xx

Awww he's lovely :D How can anyone not want him :(

You say you'll bond him in with two other males? Do you have any tips? I have two males about 8 months old and don't know how/whether to bond them, if it would work or not. I've shown them to each other and they make loud chattering sounds which I think is not friendly :?

kayjay said:
Awww he's lovely :D How can anyone not want him :(

You say you'll bond him in with two other males? Do you have any tips? I have two males about 8 months old and don't know how/whether to bond them, if it would work or not. I've shown them to each other and they make loud chattering sounds which I think is not friendly :?

To be honest I`m not that experienced with piggies! :oops:
I`ve only ever bonded into same sex pairs so far, so a trio of boars is going to be new for me too!
The approach i take is similar to when i bond rabbits, i put them in neutral territory, i normally use my kitchen so i can keep a close eye on them & just watch. Normally i`ve found there`s a bit of teeth chattering, some sniffing & occassionally some chasing. I always put tasty treats in & find piggies being piggies soon tuck into the grub & stop worrying about each other. As long as no blood is drawn & no-one seems to be getting distressed i just leave them be.
As i say i`m not overly experienced with bonding piggies as others on here so hopefully they may be able to advise you better.

Hope that made some sort of sense?
Su.x

A group of three boars is very unlikely to work. If you try it you risk ending up with three single lonely chaps. Your best bet would be to rescue a 4-6 week old baby boar and try them together.

doorkeeper said:
A group of three boars is very unlikely to work. If you try it you risk ending up with three single lonely chaps. Your best bet would be to rescue a 4-6 week old baby boar and try them together.

Eeeeeek! Thanks Loiuse. :thumb:
So I am now looking for a rescue boar as Mr Sheen`s companion.
Who`s gonna tell hubby?! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

Awww I love shiny piggies. :love:
Who`s gonna tell hubby?!

don't tell him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe he won't notice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicola

TheGaffer said:
Awww I love shiny piggies. :love:
Who`s gonna tell hubby?!

don't tell him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe he won't notice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicola

To be honest i think he gave up counting the ever increasing number of furries along time ago, so `No` he probably won`t notice!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

Back