• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding question

capel

Warren Veteran
As you know, Furby was spayed on Thursday morning and seems to be recovering beautifully(and I've now regained my appetitie!!). Her scar seems Ok, and whe is back to her usual self. How soon can I reintroduce straw to her litter tray? I usually cover the megazorb with a good layer of Russell Extra soft(and it really is very soft)straw bedding.

I might re-start tomorrow then. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort at all now. She's very perky and went into periscope mode when she realised I had some broccolli in my hands! She's due back for her post-op check on Thursday.

Mine was spayed on Fri and the vet actually said straw and hay wouldn't be a problem as of day 2 coz the skin is stitched together tightly. She's been in the house anyway but the scar looks 'normal' and dry, as long as this is the case, i'm sure straw should be ok. Bouncing and running again so it can't be that sore. Glad your bun is back to normal :)

capel, after dippys spay i gave them both a big throw that covered their hutch and rocky was like a kid with a new toy! he moved it round then climbed under it and all you could see was his rather large bottom sticking out! :D he had me in stitches so now that i have returned the hay he is so not impressed! :lol:

Back