• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you change your buns....

Dobbin

Mama Doe
litter tray?

I do it every morning and evevning - wondering if doing it to much or not enough??

sue
xx

I found if I change it too often they 'forget' to use it. I do it every other day. When she was inside it was every day but that was more for me rather than her.

Daily - but they have 2 litter trays - one indoor and one outdoor and they are both big litter trays. My buns poo *a lot!!!*

I change Audreys every day because she only has one, whilst for fosters it is done every other day- Tammy has three trays and although she is getting better it is usually around the trays rather than in them :lol:

i clean mines once a day used to do it 2 times a day but dillion hated that it was like he thought he had to poop extra to fill it twice i kid you not :lol:

Mine only get done once a week usually I find they normally don't need it done more often that that!

What do you those of you that clean daily use as substrate?

touie said:
Mine only get done once a week usually I find they normally don't need it done more often that that!

What do you those of you that clean daily use as substrate?

My 2 must pee and poo for England then cos I definatley couldn't do it less often :lol:
I use a layer of newspaper (mainly cos it makes it easier for me), a layer of megazorb then a layer of hay.

I use megazorb and hay for Bobby and Ruby and change their tray every other day.
Salt and Pepper have wood based cat litter and they're every other day too.

From the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about bunny swapping :lol:

I change the litter tray in Jen and Harley's hutch every other day :D I do need to get a second one though for the corner that Harley has taken a shine too ;)

I found that if it was 'too clean' Jen stopped using it, so although I change in every other day I do leave a little bit of dirty litter in with the new stuff.

Every day, Used to clean out their hutch every day and Tills wouldnt use the litter tray .. Now I dont clean the hutch as often she wont go outside the tray?! :lol: X

Well is the tray actually really dirty/wet when you change it?
When Rowan was still with us :( I sometimes used to do it twice a day when Id got them down to one tray.

ITs never filthly, some of the pellets at bottom will be wet but majority of them dry!! Poos can always be covered over by a bit more hay - they love eating the hay in the litter tray!!

I was also thinking of the summer with the dreaded fly strike - how often do people change them then?

I sound like a clean freak dont i?!?!?! lol lol

Sue
xx

Back