• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit breeds question

Hello,
No, in answer to your question. Hustlanders are white with blue eyes & quite a large breed. Thriantas are a medium breed & a lovely bright orange colour & Viennas are again a large breed and a bluey grey colour.

Hope that helps,
Su.x

Thanks

Hi Su

That is everso helpful and very much appreciated . By the way, are Thriantas just a little batty?

Thrianta

Hi,

Thanks. No offence intended to Thriantas, it was just that the one I saw at Harrogate show today, was making a very spirited and creditable attempt to walk on the roof of his cage (gorgeous bunster!!!)

I have a trianta!

I wouldn't really say she's batty - much more active than my friends dwarf lop though. She likes to explore everywhere and sniff at everything.

She's a lovely intense ginger colour, and has the softest ears ever :love:

Here she is looking a bit 'red'. In brighter lights, she is more 'orange'.

Picture032.jpg

Thrianta

Hi,

She is absolutely STUNNING!! I got the impression that they were very switched on and active little souls - I want one!!!

By the way, the one I saw was trying roof-walking from the INSIDE of his show cage!!

roof wlking from the inside?!? sounds energetic :shock:
Asta is free range now (photo with the pen is a few months old), so no cage to try roof walking with :lol:

Although she is active and inquisitive, she is also very well behaved and doesn't jump up anwhere (like to have feet on the floor), doesn't chew etc. She seems happy to play with toys and have regular hoppy trips round the flat to check everything is how she left it last time :D

I've seen the occational thrianta pop up in rescue. I saw a photo on RR the other day that I thought looked a bit like one... will try and find the listing

Asta was from a resue. She was BRC rung and had been a show and breeder rabbit. She still remembers her showing days I think - if you put her on a table and 'arrange' her in show stance, she just sits there looking at you until you stroke and move her to show her she can move :)

Tamsin said:
I saw a photo on RR the other day that I thought looked a bit like one... will try and find the listing

ooh ... is it a boy ... am thinking of a boyfriend soon ....

Back