• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Norah!

norah

Warren Scout
... had her op yesterday around 10 am and hardly moved all day :(
DSC01155.jpg

had nothing to eat in the morning apart from that Fibreplex stuff from the vets, I rang the vets and was beginning to panic - but woo hoo she started nibbling on some celery and hay. So fingers crossed we're throu and producing nice poos, though still sore and groggy.
Hope she forgives us, how do you explain that it's supposed to be for their benefit :?

She should be feeling a bit better today and she certainly shouldn't be groggy :? Did the vet give you painkiller to administer?

When Pippa was spayed she was groggy for a couple of days - she was spayed on a Tues and it wasn't until Thurs she began to perk up. The most important thing is she's eating and poo'ing.

Hope she continues to recover well :)

Poor Norah. My Tamlin too is just the same. She was spayed yesterday too. She stayed in overnight and came home this morning. For a period today she sat and wouldn't eat or drink i was so worried, phoned the vet but they said to give her til tomorrow to perk up. I gave her water in a bowl (thanks for the tip capel :) ) and she tucked into that ok and i finally tempted her to eat with som parsley! She's done a few poops in her litter tray so I'll have to be content with that for now. I feel very mean for putting her through it :cry: for the best though. What a beautiful bunny Norah is! :D

She is a beautiful bun - buns are like us some come through ops and act like nothing has happened and others take longer to pull through. Jess had a tough time when she was spayed and the vet actually kept her in over night cos she struggled to come round from the GA, but she was fine after a couple of days, so keep an eye on her and don't be afraid to nag the vet and take her back if you are at all worried. Hope she pulls through soon.x

Thanks for your support! She's much better today and eating not exactly as normal, but reasonably well. And had the last doze of painkiller today. Poor thing she's a big girl, so the wound surface is considerable and perhaps will take a bit of time to heal. I can see she's lost some weight but definitely looking much more cheery today and gnawing furniture, must be on the mend. Eyeing me suspiciously though :oops:

Back