• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ahem.......... admire the photographic skills

luvabun

Warren Veteran
or not....... :oops: I've been round to Greenfields armed with new Fuji Finepix and this is the result (from Portia onwards)

http://www.greenfieldsrescue.co.uk/adopt_rabbit.asp

Now.. question for Abi or any other photography buffs..... I struggled to take the pics as there was a couple of seconds time delay between me pressing the shutter and the photo actually taking... I ended up getting a lot of moving bunny butts or empty hutches :oops: :oops: I then got an indication that the battery was going dead.... so was the delay due to a low battery or is the camera not suited to this area of photography? Maybe I'd best use my Sony Cybershot for bunny pics in future.

I think it's something to do with shutter speed Jill, I have the same problem with mine :roll: there's not enough light. Has your camera got an action setting?

i have a finepix!
if it is similar to mine, hold down the 'i'm taking a pic button' (cant remember what its called :oops: ) but only hold it halfway, the green light on the back above the viewfinder will start to flash. finish pressing the button down and it will take the pic straight away :D

those piccies are good and very cute bunsters there :love: :thumb: :D

it has got a bit of a delay on it but i dont normally find it a problem, as others have said it might be a light problem in which case try uprating the ISO (if you use flash you will have to wait for the flash to get ready. or alternatively set it to action mode (turn dial to SP then select the little running man) if in doubt i also use the quick fire mode wher you can shoot upto 40 pics but it only saves the last 5 so you can take the piccies and one of the 5 should be good :D
RE: battery life have you got rechargables or normal? i dont find normal batteries last very long in digi cams so i always use rechargable ones but dont think i have ever had a problem with a delay due to low battery

sorry thats not really much use :oops: :oops:

Which camera model is it? I use to have the Fuji Finepix 602 and there wasn't much of a shutter delay! It does help to focus first by half pressing the shutter down, you will hear the double click, they you can take. However if the rabbit moved between half pressing the shutter down, you will need to do it again as otherwise you will get an out of focus photo.

If you are getting blurry photos then there are a couple of other things you can do, do you have at Av or Tv mode? Can you control the ISO?

Just a couple of things!

WOW!!! So many photo techies to turn to when I need assistance. Thanks guys... the info was really helpful and I'll check the settings and look for the stuff you all mentioned.

Once again many thanks :)

p.s. It's a Finepix S9500

Good piccies anyway Jill!

I have an old Fuji one and def recommend rechargable batteries!

I too hate the shutter delay and get really annoyed as usually the dogs or bunnies have moved by the time it actually takes the photo - apparently only the really expensive digi-cameras have a short delay.

I have issues with spots on the lense now which only show on indoor pictures - have tried cleaning the lense but as it is so small it is tricky - any suggestions?

Caz

How are you getting on with this camera hun. I just bought one today!!! :D :D I can't wait to get out and use it!!!

Back